1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2025 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 18, 2024.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

The broadcast already shows that data when they follow a rider, so wonder how accessible it actually already is

2. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Haha. Thx. I've been around the block here. I raced WERA around 2010-2013-ish. This crowd is alright with me. A few extra weird ones, but that just makes it more fun.

Razr likes this.
  3. 27

27 Well-Known Member

@Dave K send you a pic of his junk? :D

motion likes this.
  4. LukeLucky

I think it's part of the welcome packet now.

BigBird and 27 like this.
  5. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

When I got my welcome packet, I mistakenly thought his junk was a thumb.

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I never got a welcome packet, I feel slighted. :crackup:

7. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Partially correct. ;) It was actually his big toe. His junk got ground off in a big crash and he had it replaced à la Randy Renfrow. :D

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Holy Shit! Is it really Tom Sucks here on the BBS?!? Man… this has been awhile…

9. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Yeah it’s me. Been on a bit of a hiatus due to shall we say “life circumstances “ but I’ve definitely accumulated more stories along the way. :beer:

BigBird, ungwaha and 27 like this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

welcome back man! Get on with your bad self Beavis :D

ungwaha and Mot Okstef like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

We’ll see how much piss and vinegar he still has after another couple big get offs.

He sure didn’t seem like he liked that last one and coincidence or not, his results showed it.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gresini has ruled out Yamaha switch.

BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Wow. Looks like it will be pramac then. I bet VR46 and Gresini get a 2025 and a 2024 then.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

27 likes this.
  15. LukeLucky

I really wish Dorna would just let another satellite team jump into the mix. Both KTM and Yamaha want another satellite team and have the $$$ to help fund it clearly based on their actions and offers. Dorna says there is absolutely no chance for another satellite team to join the grid (or any new team for that matter including new factory teams). It's a shame when people could be adding to the sport but the management won't allow it.

ShadowBoxer, BigBird, 27 and 2 others like this.
  16. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

I could be way off base here, but i'll say that Pecco's teammate next year will not be a red bull athlete. Follow the money...

17. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Could be freight logistics, which I believe has been mentioned on here somewhere. Plus I thought Dorna still provides some subsidies to the satellite teams...

18. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

It may very well be logistics. Let's say that Dorna fills up four 747s full of equipment every time they have to fly the MotoGP circus somewhere. Adding one more team may very well mean they need something like a 5th 747 to make it happen. That adds a huge amount of cost to the season just to add one more team, but not a corresponding increase in revenue.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, but have also been saying that they have two slots opened for the next constructor that wants to come in, haven't they?

BigBird likes this.
  20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Pretty sure Dorna subsidizes satellite teams, but not mfg teams. Still seems like they could work something out if they REALLY want to help Yamaha get a second team.