1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Same... I can struggle through Spanish and Italian. A few more I can say enough to come across as a stupido Americano attempting to be polite and put in a little effort :)

Since I find myself in Italy so much, I really need to spend some time over the winter picking up more. There's a really great channel on the tubes of someone teaching Italian. I could listen to her all day. Search Kylie Flavell. Her productions are top notch.

27 likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

it’s a different world now for sure with all the information at your fingertips…. There’s a bunch to be said about cultural immersion to learn a language… way more fun…

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Cultural immersion has given me the ability to readily locate beer and whores in many third world nations.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

German no problem. French I can fumble through. Spanish and Portuguese? Almost nothing. Eye-talian? Rossi this and Rossi that and Ferrari and who gives a shit . . . Who cares, they’re barely a country. :D

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

"Pitbull." <snort>

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Official: Fabio Di Giannantonio will ride for the VR46 MotoGP team in 2024

8. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Official for HRC and Marini too

27 and BigBird like this.
  9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s a huge move. Interested to see who steps up to run the team now as it specifically says that they are tied to aprillia bikes and riders.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The conspiracy goes that this move is so VR can get his NSR500 Honda finally

kirk erlinger likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

so he gives up his brother to the factory team, just so he can get his NSR500....uhhh yeahhh..about that

stk0308 likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Doesn’t have to pay his brother to hang around and for his racing anymore. Maybe he can start getting paid back on his investment now.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

And so it begins
    [​IMG]

cbush, Circacee and Razr like this.
  15. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that Dorna's press release says RNF had repeatedly breach their agreement "affecting the public image of Motogp". If the breach was just about failing to pay Aprilia/Dorna, I would NOT think that would affect the "public image of Motogp".

I wonder what they're talking about.

Having said that, so many of these Crypto companies have turned out to be either scammy, or just plain scams. Hopefully Motogp and it's teams realize that getting a few more $ from a start-up company (rather than a well-established company, or at least a start-up in an established market) is not worth the likelihood that the deal will not be upheld through its full term.

16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

What image???

17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone know why Joe Roberts wasn't in the test today?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Probably nothing to test. Or he has a very important selfie photo shoot with him modeling some new toy with that same exact expression on his face that he always has? :D

cbush, Circacee and 27 like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

MM93 new pit box in Gresini Baby Blue

20. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Blue Steel?

tgold likes this.