1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Money presumably would not change. He already has a 2-year HRC contract. His problem is that he knows he would just be a filler and will be back at LCR in 2025.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I really like the little Frenchy but if he doesn’t get that win on the current best bike on the grid he’s on now his win prospects are nearly gone I’m afraid

3. VR47BALLKR

VR47BALLKR Active Member

I like JZ too, but he has not shown any consistency and hasn't won a race yet in MotoGP. You never know if he'll be on the podium or last on any given weekend. I think his days are numbered...

27 likes this.
  4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

This. He's shown spurts of brilliance occasionally throughout his career, particularly how well he went on the satellite Yamaha at the beginning, but if he can't snag a win on this Duc, he's likely never stepping on the top of the box. Watching him in his rookie season, you probably could have got long odds his MotoGP career would end winless.

27 likes this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I haven’t looked to see if any of the remaining races are his good tracks but I hope he backflips off the top step into his crew like a grunge style stage dive if he gets one :)

6. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Miguel doesn’t deserve a factory spot at this point. Too inconsistent and Simon was reporting today he’s requesting a 3 year deal with Repsol. This dude is delusional.

Circacee, Letitsnow and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  7. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

I mean, I'd want a 3 year deal too. Might be that long before the bike is competitive again and that's if it doesn't kill you or end your career first.

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

A 3 year deal on the Honda is actually a 1 year deal. One year of riding and 2 in the hospital or recovering.

Razr likes this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Glad JZ5 reads the been :clap::crackup:

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I don't disagree in terms of his present performance but, right now, he still has the bigger end of the stick. Good for him.
    Honda doesn't treat his riders as bad as Aprilia but neither does it have much a a product to offer.

11. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

The #49...

When you don't do well until your seat is under pressure (then gone), what does that tell potential future employers?

Why can't you motivate yourself before you are being pressured?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Toni Elias made a GP career out of this.

13. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Marky is getting no salary from gresini for next year. Crazy how much he wanted out of his Honduh contract to have a chance at winning again. Still make more in sponsorship deals than the vast majority of the grid.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. fastedyamaha

Martin will be promoted to the factory team if he wins the championship this year.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He strongly denied that in Thailand.

17. fastedyamaha

Of course he would, that’s bad for business when someone of his stature isn’t getting “paid” to ride by his team.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know. The flip side of that is that it shows how committed he is to being competitive and that he would rather not get paid than collect millions to circulate at the back of the pack. If I had to bet, I would think that's for more embarrassing to him than not being paid.

Everyone who is potentially in a position to sign his paycheck in 2025 would probably not be influenced by the fact that he raced for free in 2024 if he was dominant again. Outside of Ducati, I think everyone will offer him what they think he's worth, or what they can afford.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. fastedyamaha

Im more concerned with teams saying look, he rode for no salary and you’re no where near is talent level, so you should ride for no salary too, especially in the lower classes.

MachineR1 likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, got you. Well, that's not his problem, nor should it be.
    And frankly, teams sadly have an enough leverage that they probably don't need to use him as an excuse. All they need to say is "someone else is willing to pay for the ride."