1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 29, 2023.

1. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

I honestly cannot believe that VR46 would go to Yamaha.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Believe it. VR can fix that turd Yamaha in 15 minutes.

3. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

Franco back on the Yammie in one year does not make sense for VR46. He'd probably jump ship. Esp since the tuning forks are kicking him out already.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It’d really come down to the level of support and if Yamaha would Jarvis VR46 like they did tech3 or if the bikes come with a trailer load of cash.
    Rossi is already a Yamaha ambassador and stranger stuff happens every year.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

supposedly VR46 would receive a substantial discount on the bikes as well vs any other satellite team.

6. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

To go from front runner with older Ducati bikes to being a back marker on a Yamaha is going to be tough for any rider.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Replace the rider. With the talent in motogp, moto2 and moto3. . . The cog don’t work? Pull it out, Chuck it in the recycle bin and slot in another.

Shit, even Marquez has a use by date.

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

If Davide Brivio leaves his Alpine F1 gig then maybe… until then…

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Replace the rider? Jesus couldn't win on that thing.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

And somehow the Honda is even worse.

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

they kind of must be counting on that…

Zarco absolutely resurrected his career that was damn sure hanging by a nail at KTM… he was able to leave there amicably amazingly walking on water to Ducati to match his previous level with Tech3’s M1. it’s Honda’s best option by far, they have two world champs and 1 finish between them all year and all but one hurt already at mid season… Zarco has nothing to lose, he’s past his expiration date, and should’ve pulled off a miracle by now… only AE41 had been trying longer iirc. So maybe he pulls off a Rins and wins one on his way out and maybe he has a stellar season on the top secret bike that has settled MM93 down enough to put him in the mail it in category for this year…

personally I don’t think Jesus can win in the Honda though… he’s no Spanish baker like Rins, he’s a fictional carpenter jew

Boman Forklift and cpettit like this.
  12. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Maybe not a Jewish carpenter, but I did just read that AI29 is hoping to be racing (somewhere - maybe just to his local grocery store tbh) next year.

Boman Forklift, koth442 and 27 like this.
  13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

KrooklynSV likes this.
  14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I really want to see him back on a bike somewhere. WSBK is probably the better fit at this point, but it's always a shame seeing natural talent like that go to waste even if it is self induced.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I thought about spinning AI29 into them both being around Rome but didn’t want him to see the almighty Beeb and get a bigger head… they can only make helmets so big :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hopefully he leaves the entourage and bullshit home if he finds a home in WSBK.

27 likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I want to see anyone of the officials look me in the eye and tell me that he deserved 4 years when Fenati was allowed to return to racing less than a year after attempting to murder on the track. And I don't like Iannone one bit.

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

yep. Popping for Steroids or dick pills shouldn't carry a longer sentence than the Fenati incident.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I think this is simply a case of the World Anti-doping Agency thugs being more evil than the FIM. I don't like Iannone, the FIM or, especially, the WADA assholes.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Was it CAS or WADA that stapled his dick to a water buffalo? The 18 month ban was harsh in my opinion, the 4 year was ridiculous.

he just looks and acts like a douchebag but that warrants an open hand bitch slap.

Boman Forklift, BigBird and cpettit like this.