1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 3 | USA | COTA | April 12-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 1, 2024.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I probably look at this differently than most since I spent 45 years in the motorsports industry and working weekends at race tracks across the world. Anyway, I was watching COTA and the Masters (the Masters was on TV for 5 days) and it got me thinking. Golf is growing, F1 is adding more tracks, but to me the lack of spectators at COTA MotoGP is not good.

Sorry if this is a gloomy outlook but trends in the industry are a concern. Tucker Rocky (my former employer) couldn’t figure it out. And they killed great brands like Firstgear, Hein Gericke, Answer, Silkolene, Malcolm Smith Racing, just to name a few. Now the company that owns them (Turn 14) no longer has Arai and Dunlop and nobody knows where they are going. Craig Shoemaker (aka WPS) ran a great company and sold it recently. I hear the new owners have fired/laid off their (50?) Harley reps and are closing 2 or more warehouses. Meanwhile a distributor from WI is huge and leads here in NA, and that is both good and bad.

On Sunday my thoughts were holy shit the industry is changing, but maybe Liberty Media will help MotoGP grow? And BTW I’m not holding my breath.

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

pretty sure most of the regulars here know exactly who RB is and what he's all about and that he doesn't pull any punches. and his sponsors know the same about him.

guessing you are the one huffing glue around here..

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  3. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Golf got a bounce in popularity by millions taking up the sport during the Kung Flu because it was an outdoor activity that didn't get shut down by the tyrants. I'm sure some of the new players figured out how hard it is, lost interest and moved on.
    The spectator side was boosted by the Netflix series Full Swing, just like F1 was. Proof of that is the crowds following Joel Dahmen at tournaments when he's in 54th place 10 strokes back. He draws a crowd.
    I like both sports and hope they both grow and improve.

BigBird and Dan Dubeau like this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

So many pole suckers too.
    Speaking of. When are you coming over gimp?

5. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

True for those intelligent enough to understand it, Something ULA and Artemis Partners don't seem to comprehend...

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

We need to hang out outside the beeb. LOL

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

The beeb is becoming a homosexual dating site right before our eyes. Soon it will become more hostile to heterosexuals. The sponsor ship for "Deep South Fayg Boys BBQ sauce and Lub " and other targeting the @Quicktoy lifestyle will flood the board and the owners will make millions. Get out while you can.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

I’ve thought the same lol

9. Quicktoy

So you’re gay bashing now too?

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

This thread should be a shining endorsement for wearing a helmet.....

DJ Baker, HPPT and Letitsnow like this.
  12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

...or contraception.

DJ Baker and Motofun352 like this.
  13. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

The racing was so good and we liked our seats so well this year I just went ahead and renewed them for next year. Early bird renewals available up to May 1 I believe.

BigBird and YamahaRick like this.
  14. zpooch

zpooch Member

You just wanted that free hat

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Don't make it a general deal about sexual preferences. The beeb has shown for years that it doesn't care about any individuals sexual preference.
    You need to consider this on a much more personal level and realize the hostility is directed at you. As everybody that doesn't have you on ignore has noticed, you s

BigBird likes this.
  16. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

I could care less who is gay or who is straight.

If people want to use a motorcycle racing forum to tell the world they are gay and discuss their activities that's between them and the mods.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Yeah, well, whatever.

18. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

From paint huffing to pole sucking....what a trend we're seeing here :stupid:

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: If you think legal threats are going to work you don't know him as well as you think....

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, we're hostile to everyone.

Quicktoy likes this.