1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2024 | Race 1 | Qatar | Lusail | March 8-10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2024.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

No
    He'll go full retard soon enough.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I haven't heard anything about the rider roasting issue. Hopefully they've solved that.

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Probably a combination of he's finally realizing that he can't keep crashing his brains out every weekend and he's on the best bike on the grid and doesn't need to over-ride it to be competitive.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Also, his inner circle sat him down and explained that he's never going to be a 10 time world champ.

Wheel Bearing and pickled egg like this.
  5. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I mean even Rossi had to concede that the march of time is inevitable

motion likes this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

All I'm gonna say is I hope Acosta figures out tire management sooner rather than later. Because when he does, this kid is going to do some great things.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Yeah... Simon Crafar called out his charge to 4th place perfectly. Is tire management a thing in Moto2? I don't follow that class closely enough...

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

If it wasn't before, it sure as fuck is now!!! :crackup:

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Tire management will be easier once they get to European tracks and out of the mofo desert

motion likes this.
  10. VR45 Troll

VR45 Troll Site Mod Upgraded to Troll. Formerly “Maximum”

and the Wizards at the 13X Brain Trust thought it was a great idea to give Frankie a Ducati seat LOL
    What a waste of a Ducati.

At least fucking Zarco would have put it on the podium a bunch of times

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m so glad you figured out what brand he was on. That’s not your forte.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't know what's up with Franky for the past couple years. I guess he just doesn't have the killer instinct any longer...

27 likes this.
  13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

The funny thing is Emmet and Hodgeson said that Acosta had a good reputation for tyre management.

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

And he may, just needs to adapt it to the big bikes. It was his first race and on a track notoriously tough on tires.

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Can't expect anyone to get tire management right on the first try

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well I'll withhold judgement on Franco for a few rounds - he missed a LOT of preseason testing and specifically Qatar a couple weeks ago due to the concussion he got from riding the Panigale during the track days a month ago at Portimao.

I've got a wager with a pal on who scores more season points - Franco or Zarco so a free lunch depends of him getting back some of the magic from '21! lol...

17. PatricksDad

PatricksDad Won’t die a blob

Red mist plays hell with tire life. He'll get it sorted soon enough.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I don't see it. I like Franco, but he's so far out of it and has been for years. His teammate was fight for the win while he was riding around in the back 2 seconds off the pace on the best bike in the field. Half a sec off and fighting for a top ten, maybe there's hope. I feel he's mentally done.

cbush and henry_carlson like this.
  19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with any of that - but I'm hoping him being on a top team with a new GP24 will give him a newfound confidence while Zarco will suffer through a year on the Honda with the opposite happening to his confidence.

cbush likes this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

His mojo went away when he could no longer hide the hair loss. Coincidence?

henry_carlson likes this.