1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 13 | Buddh | Indian | Sep 22 - 24

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I still wonder if that wasn't an issue at Summit.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I seriously doubt it. I was very disciplined about my hydration after the Loudon incident. Never got a cramp again. And other than that one particular race, I don't remember ever finishing one that I couldn't have gone back on the track and done again at the same pace. That's why I enjoyed the GT (CCS) and Solo races so much more than the sprints. When guys were getting tired at the end, I was barely hitting my stride.

I don't remember being particularly tired that day at Summit. Dutch and I were chilling in our chairs on the front straight until I had to go get ready. Last thing I remember.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, just the normal thinking about it after being there a couple weeks ago and still wonder what exactly happened and why.

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

What happened?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Papa crashed and got hurt. As with all crashes like that I keep going back and trying to figure out how to prevent them. Had a few different ones run through my head as I did a lap around Summit, just part of the fun of this job.

Boman Forklift, Quicktoy and BigBird like this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ahhh I’m sorry to hear that. I could absolutely see this being a very tough part of the job.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If only he would’ve learned the ways of the concrete laborers, he’d have been able to handle the heat better.

Jed, scottn, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

To hear the race engineer essentially begging him to come in and him denying it, I was quite surprised with the following radio a few laps later, and happy w/ the retirement.

Its really a dangerous situation ... I mean if they pass out or have unexpected 'poor' judgement at 200mph the consequences are severe.