1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 16 | Motegi | Japan | Sept 25

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 19, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

ahh good shout, i do share it!

2. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

I don’t share mine and received the same email today. My password is the original from when I first signed up but it is a secure one, none of that 1234 nonsense for what it’s worth.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

they did get hacked last year, so maybe they are like maybe their should be some password changes to go with that.

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

*there

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thank fore you're contribution too making thee Beeb grammer friendlierer

Sudowoodo and Dan Dubeau like this.
  6. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Your welcome.

Jedb and Phl218 like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yore.

BigBird likes this.
  8. henry_carlson

• smoke 2.JPG
    • smoke 1.JPG
    • A fire broke out in the Motegi paddock. The box of MarcVDS Moto2 team caught fire, located in the middle of the MOtoGP boxes of Aprilla and Suzuki. firefighters immediately rushed to the spot and promptly put out the flames, avoiding damage to people and things because the garage was empty and here was nothing inside. The fire could have been triggered by short circuit in an electrical outlet. https://www.gpone.com/it/2022/09/22...endio-a-motegi-nel-box-del-team-marc-vds.html

six6two and 23103a like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

wow!

wonder if anyone from Biaggi's team was seen leaving the area? :D

zitoune, Sudowoodo, Circacee and 8 others like this.
  10. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

A similar fire happened a few years ago at an F1 race, in the Williams garage. They lost a fair amount of stuff.

You'd think by now, all these garages would have fire suppression systems/heat sensors and all that jazz to keep damage to a minimum.

11. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

In regards to the above statement, they've already had one championship go up in flames-literally. The electric bike paddock went poof a few years ago.

Did they learn anything from that?

12. henry_carlson

apparently not, team members were responsible for forcing doors open and removing the bikes, and apparently there are no sprinklers and the rear doors were locked. some disagreement about what started it, Ox thought it was an engine starter on charge but a marcVDS team mechanic says that after COTA 2013 they are all disconnected at night.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

anything more high tech than flooding the area with sprinklers?

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You're asking a racetrack/series to spend money on something that doesn't show up on the broadcast, or include the hospitality areas? Crazy talk.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Didn't the same happen in Argentina?

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

henry_carlson likes this.
  18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I feel like the personnel on the Suzuki team is just awesome all around. Cam B mentioned that they were one of the first people to welcome him to the paddock.

BigBird likes this.
  19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Makes me wonder if Mir will be there...