1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 9 | Assen| Netherlands| Jun 25-27

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Not that odd. Didn’t he walk away from a moto3 team when he was going to win the championship then win it the next year on a different team?

Update. Yep. Not odd https://motomatters.com/news/2012/10/19/maverick_vinales_in_shock_decision_to_le.html

2. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Let's see it in leathers and a helmet!

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Sure, but what's next? You gonna make me win a motogp race first too? :D

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No. We just wanna see you do the race suit and golf swing :) We will give you a mulligan on the race win.

5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The hardest part of this challenge would be squeezing my fat ass into a race suit lol. Suits are long gone. Closest I have is an old joe rocket jacket that is a few sizes too small. I'll see what I can do.

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This is going to be awesome.

Quicktoy likes this.
  7. wac

wac Well-Known Member

12 to aprilia. Done .

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"I decided......"

evakat likes this.
  10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Y. A. Tittle?

scottn, BigBird and evakat like this.
  11. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

scottn likes this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Black89, 88/532 and jksoft like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oxley: "Maverick Viñales is walking from Yamaha. So why the split and why now? And looking back at another mercurial GP star, John Kocinski"

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/motorcycles/motogp/maverick-by-name-maverick-by-nature

I didn't realize it's not the first time he's just abandoned ship

and

other people think otherwise

"especially since his demeanour on the podium yesterday, when he ducked a team hug with team manager Massimo Meregalli. He’s been called churlish, petulant, sulking, dramatic and so on."

15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That’s pretty cool. Garrett was 53 seconds back, Marini was 1.06 back. Savadori was the next rider in front of Garrett 37 seconds back.

I think maybe Garrett could have been closer, but being down once over the weekend probably kept him from pushing it harder.

Shocker and BigBird like this.
  16. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

The fact that Garrett wasn't further back is impressive.

My understanding is that the carbon brakes really are that much different, even in cars. Also, add in the aerodynamics of the GP bikes and how that allows you to ride them differently (and faster), which would require some brain re-wiring, plus new track, plus slicks, etc.

Shocker, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I could do this with ease, but it'd be a 3/4 punch shot as there's no way to make a full turn in a restricted race suit.

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Garrett needed to get stuck behind someone slightly faster in the first part of the race. Considering the lack of testing, the bike, the short notice and all that, he did well. Give him one test day and another race weekend, and I think he could be in the mix for points.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Does Morbidelli's bike have the holeshot device(s)? More shit to learn/unlearn.

20. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

At this point, only 'Out of Yamaha' is confirmed.....