1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 13 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He's lucky because the talent pool is so deep right now. Suzuki has flat out said they are only interested in young talent, and with no satellite team, no chance. There was previously no room at the inn at factory Yamaha, and SRT was only interested in young guns. Ducati called his bluff and found suitable replacements, and I doubt he'd find a seat on a satellite Duc team. Aprilia for whatever reason didn't pan out for him (not sure why?), and I don't think Honda would have taken him back or had the room to, but I could be wrong about that. So yeah, he's lucky that SRT fell apart (ditching the only young talent mantra in the process) and a couple satellite Yamaha's became available to the journeyman. Does he belong in Motogp? Hell ya, but was he lucky to land that Petronas seat? Ya he was. Very. He at the very least owes Mav a steak dinner for starting the domino chain.

I'm pretty excited about having him back in the mix next year. He's insanely fast, and I love his work ethic and how he approaches a race weekend. It will be very interesting to see how he goes on a Yamaha again. Here's hoping he's got a few more good years left in the tank, and not just out there padding his retirement fund.

KneeDragger_c69 and Yzasserina like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Because Dovi did so great in 2020 with no Marquez . And Aprilia was like no....the writing is on the wall that he's no longer fast enough to be at the front of the pack.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Skter505 likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I don't know about that. He did finish 4th in the 'ship and won a race; this despite Gigi sticking pins his Dovi doll.

crashman and YamahaRick like this.
  4. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Think about that though. He got 4th in a championship he easily should have won with Mark out. He is the only one that could beat a healthy Marquez, right? No one else had a great season and he still could only manage 4th. He tied Pol and got 3 points more than Jack. Ducati made the right call. I don't necessarily believe he should have been out of a ride but he wasn't worth top dollar after that. Bad time for his contract to be up.

5. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

My thought on that is that there is no such thing as "easily should have" winning. That goes for Marc and all of them.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

And we are here to witness ALL of them. Sometimes, I can't tell whether I'm on this website or one of my brain candy gossip websites, lol...

7. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

It was very good reason why he didn’t do so good, but I’m sure you remember why…