1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 13 | Aragon | Spain | Sept 10-12

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 7, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean he was fast previous to the race. He said can't explain what went wrong.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. Nic

Nic Well-Known Member

Yes but he wasn't going to fall for the faulty Ducati berm 2 weeks in a row. Given another option for a berm he would have had it.

Quicktoy likes this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Marquez is still avoiding doing anything with his right hand when he's off the bike.
    Other than when the guy with the trophy moved in too fast and shook his right hand, he only used it to carry his red bull or his glasses. He shook everyone else's hand with his left hand on the way to the podium, carried his helmet and lifted his trophy with the left hand.

I got so focused on that that I almost missed the start of the F1 race. :crackup:

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I imagine it hurts and feels very very weird after riding that long

5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Marquez’s post race speech was exactly why people love him and why I think Rossi fans will eventually slide over. He basically said “win it or bin it is my style and always will be, that’s why I race.”

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup: They will quit watching MotoGP before that happens. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Rossi's interview was very good too....

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

No.

9. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:D:D

10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Damn; Mav beat Rossi by over five seconds. Brutal.

crazymofo and Phl218 like this.
  11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

At this point it is pretty obvious that the fire has gone out and Rossi is not even racing any more. He is waving at fans and finishing out his farewell tour. He has had an amazing career and will always be known as one of the best but the magic is gone.

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I was and am a huge Rossi fan who came over to a Marquez fan because of the attitude mentioned above. But ya @motion i think would quit watching before switching.

R Acree and BigBird like this.
  13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He will quit watching like he “quit” watching Formula 1. :D

HPPT, Yzasserina and Quicktoy like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I’m pretty sure even he would admit that he’s just doing parade laps at this point.

That being said, he’s earned that right.

mike574 and crashman like this.
  15. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

And I love it. We've seen attempted comebacks from riders that retired earlier in their careers. Rossi left no doubt to himself. Last few seasons were starting to struggle but still some great finishes. This year, done. As a rider what could be better? He's had to step up his level so many times with the talent that's shown up over the years, Stoner and on to Marc and the current crop of riders. All of which are quicker than him, but he stepped up and beat them all head to head. Through flat out hard work cause he damn sure doesn't have the raw speed of a Stoner or Marquez. I say enjoy the world farewell tour.

16. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

If you’re talking about the interview with Simon post race, that felt really forced and scripted to me (talking about himself in the third person, etc.).

Dude’s an amazing rider and possible the GOAT but he’s no Rossi in terms of like ability.

Related - me and a couple of buddies were debating how many more championships he’d win - what would you guys put the over/under at?

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I get the Rossi love and the farewell tour, but as a mechanic and team owner on a much smaller scale, I feel bad for that team.

imagine every week rebuilding and all the work that like 40 people put in to have your guy just ride around in last…..

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

ZERO .......

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Dani Pedrosa did the same thing. It's not a new phenomenon. They sold enough gear and sponsorship with Petronas/VR46 to be ok.

20. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I'm surprised MM93 did not bump into PB63 . Clean fight.

Blammo and Phl218 like this.