1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2021 | Round 11 | Red Bull Ring | Austria | Aug 13-15

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 9, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Can Ducati keep this winning streak up at the protractor circuit?
    Can the Mart1nator repeat?

[​IMG]

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I mean, I'm glad racing is back, but man I hate this track with a passion.

Only thing it does well is early red-flags, and I'd rather not twist that lion's tail more than needed.

Just get this weekend over with and back to some real circuits.....

BigBird likes this.
  3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Go Mir!

Circacee and ShadowBoxer like this.
  4. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I'll take Nakami's first podium for $300 Alex.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Fabio will break the streak but honestly just hoping our boys in Moto 2 get it together

evakat, MachineR1 and Yzasserina like this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I got Rossi.

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The biggest thing they need to do is fix T2. Maybe if they added in a section like Craner(sp?)curves or a Spa bus stop section. That section is just asking for it, in all classes as it leads to high relative speeds into T3. If they did something to create an overtaking spot for T2, they could then round T3 off so if you did low side coming out, you’re not in the middle of the damn track. Just about every time someone goes down coming out of 3, them and their bike ends up on the racing line.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They are adding a chicane next year I believe

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

It's sad to see a once great rider reduced to just a punchline.

10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

11. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

I was just telling someone yesterday, I remember when if Rossi finished 4th it was a disaster and the media would be all over him "what went wrong?!?" Now it's tough to see a Yamaha kicking ass and leading the points yet GOAT Rossi's Yamaha riding around in 16th place.

It's the inescapable passing of time, the duality of man, don't whizz on the electric fence, etc. Makes a man feel old.

tl1098, BigBird and Slider82 like this.
  12. BHP41

In 5 years, maybe less. No one will remember Rossi that “hung on too long”. They’ll remember one of the greats. That’s how it goes.

evakat, The Great One, Blammo and 3 others like this.
  13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I don't see it as a punchline. I really hope he gets lucky, the stars align, a bunch of people DNF and he squeaks his way into one last podium. I believe it is possible. Not probable, but as long as he grids up, he has a chance. Remember Dumb and Dumber.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This track is badass. They can’t all be tight little circuits. At some point bikes like to get into 5-6gear.

ShadowBoxer and BigBird like this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's one of my favorite/fastest tracks in Gran Turismo, so therefore it is a great track to me :D

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I think Fabio will win a dry race if he can get out front and get into a rhythm. I wanna see who Marc berms this week.

17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Go Mir!

Also, I think Brad Binder podiums.

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

19. BHP41

If he makes it to Q2, then I’d agree. His QP is worse than Suzuki.

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Not much will change in a week, Ducati will win. Probably Martin once again. He seems to have a solid hold of the track. Wouldn’t mind seeing Zarco win it though.