1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 7 | Italy| Misano | Sep 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Mir has closed the gap in the points the last few weeks. With his consistency of late, I would love to see him upset the championship. :D

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, that might be it. Doesn’t he get the dash message? I mean I get that looking at the dash in the last lap is not a thing but they should put in a strobe for that... the long lap probably would have cost him a second or two but he might have been able to regain that spot if lost with a block pass...

3. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

The track limit in the last corner is a setup to fail ! Just paint that last 5 feet of asphalt like the curb:crackup:

Phl218 and Shocker like this.
  4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

His mom probably let him sleep in and hasn’t watched the race yet.

Prob up late last night.

scottn and Shocker like this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well I hate to be the one to point this out, but Marquez Jr. beat the current world championship leader...

And holy hell is the points race tight! No room for error if you want a shot at the title.

Phl218 and Shocker like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just wait on how crazy it will become when Marc gets back on the winning train

7. Robby-Bobby

Sorry if I missed it but is there a race when MM is supposedly coming back? Has it been announced?

I expect him to pick up right where he left off.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Really enjoying Joan Mir. If he improves his qualifying so he doesn't have to work so hard in the beginning of the races, Steeltoe has to come back, lol.

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

They’re saying Aragon.

10. Robby-Bobby

Spoke to him on the book of faces and he said he’s figured out Reddit whatever that means....

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well good for him but I miss him. BTW, Aragon is in three races, on Oct 20.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Marc's going to miss half the season, but still finish top 5 at end of year. And probably still net more points than all other Honda's combined.

CRA_Fizzer and Quicktoy like this.
  13. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

aaronson, Slider82 and Quicktoy like this.
  14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Interesting that the replay they show Fabio on the green but ignore that Mir was on the green as well.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Right but I don't think that was the last lap? And you get some warnings, and there's some sort of gaining an advantage concept in there... post race interviews I think it was Mir that said I try to leave a margin always, of course you are pushing and you may inadvertently slip out there while you are manhandling the bike through the corner.

Anyway, so much happened in that race. By the time it finished I had pretty much forgotten that Miller was leading for a bit and almost forgot Bagnaia was as well! That stunk, but happy for Vinales.

16. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

You’re allowed multiple times. Fabio has done it more times before.

pscook likes this.
  17. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I think I read that he had 5 trips onto the green.

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I understand. I just thought it was ironic the example they used.

19. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

There was a long lap penalty in Moto3. Long loop was very dirty and the guy dumped it immediately. I think the team and/or Fabio decided to just take the 3 seconds instead of risking crashing. It will be interesting to hear if they say one way or the other.

BigBird, Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Did you see the Moto3 race? (Possibly the best of the season, which says a lot if you watch Moto3)
    One guy crashed while taking the long-lived penalty. It must have been pretty dirty.
    His behavior after the race suggests to me that it was a deliberate choice.
    You can do it three times before you get a warning. Five times before you get a penalty.

Quicktoy likes this.