1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 6 | Italy| Misano | Sep 11-13

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Sep 8, 2020.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

We now begin quite possibly the most exciting push for a championship in history.

9 rounds over the next 11 weeks..........a verifiable meat-grinder that will reward those who can manage the health of their bodies and their machinery.

225 points up for grabs with only 35 points separating the top 10 riders.

The Yamaha boys did well here last season, and without MM93 in the mix (and barring any mechanical gremlins) could leave these next 2 rounds in a much healthier position.

[​IMG]

Quicktoy, BigBird and sill'r B sill'd like this.
  2. sill'r B sill'd

sill'r B sill'd throttle therapy

Who's got Rossi?

track wagon and Quicktoy like this.
  3. NemesisR6

Father Time.

Quicktoy, SGVRider, Tj Hunter and 7 others like this.
  4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There's an interesting MOTO GP podcast that discusses the SNAFU Yamaha is in with their engines. Hopefully this doesn't muck up their chances.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

I got Iker

SGVRider likes this.
  6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I got Rossi.

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Everyone in KTM gets a chance?

scottn, BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Only the naturally intelligent riders.

SGVRider, BHP41, scottn and 3 others like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bradley Smith FTW

10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

yep
    :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Hey, if it rains and they get the bike swap at the right time, it could happen.

BigBird likes this.
  12. NemesisR6

13. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Quicktoy and deathblow like this.
  14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

so if my kiddo and i run a race from the deck to the freezer about the last ice cream sammich and i slide, fall and break my arm because i overdid it in the turn, he still doesn't get the prize?

let me try to explain that to him ....

Edit: from the guy that said: "Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent."

now the consequences of that affect the title game??? LOL

16. NemesisR6

[​IMG]

Sweatypants likes this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Absolutely. He's the fastest rider to ever grace a MotoGp bike.

Quicktoy likes this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Everything has an asterisk in 2020. However, the fastest dude on a bike in the world will be the person with their plate on the trophy.

They are still world champ.

sdiver and stk0308 like this.
  19. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Rubbish. The racers have no control over the season and tracks and everybody has to run the same races. Different yes, diminished/etc. not a chance. Racers race and the rest of us including Stoner are just kicking back and sharing opinions :beer:

He does have a valid point from the “different” standpoint in that back to back weekends at the same track can potentially give some riders an advantage. Either by doubling up at a track they do well at or just from all the extra data.

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I agree with your points. I would also like to add that Marquez admitted that it was his fault that he crashed, therefore this season has no asterisk, period. If Marquez had not crashed (or at least not broken his arm), he "might" be leading the points, but maybe not. There is zero reason for an asterisk for any championship, ever. The racer with the most points at the end of the season wins, and points generally are the sum of your finishes. If you don't finish a race, you don't get points, and therefore you are not the winner If you don't finish the season, you are not the champ. To get in front of the seminal @Dave K quote: "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle."

sdiver, GM GIXXER, turbulence and 3 others like this.