1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 5 | Austria | Red Bull Ring | Aug 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Dude, I was agreeing with you. Chill out. You had a good point. I was just making a point that a good rider might enable lower bike performance and were certainly seeing the Honda cycle to the back of the pack. Maybe they just have worse riders and the bike is basically fine, or maybe the bike needs more work.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In his defense, with the shit he posts on average, he needs to be on the defensive all the time. :D

redtailracing and Knotcher like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

There is a reason all of those championship winning riders wanted to and did ride for Honda.
    They know how to build world championship winning level motorbikes.
    It still takes both the rider and the bike to win a world championship.
    Honda can afford and has earned the attitude that it’s mostly the result of their bikes that wins championships because they typically get the pick of the litter of the top riders who want to ride for them. But even they realize they need the best riders to win a championship. It takes both.

BigBird likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well of course,
    Someone has to liven this place up. :D
    I’m the least of your worries. LOL.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sorry. My bad.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Farmers and long haul truckers, with extended time alone in their own thoughts, can often be a susceptible bunch.... :D

Banditracer and G 97 like this.
  7. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

maybe it's been asked and ansered, but why can't yamaha find their way out of a paper bag?
    4+(?) years of the same. Great testing, great start, then it all goes to sh!t.
    Blame Rossi, blame Maverick, now Quartararo...

People say the Honda is a one trick pony, the yamaha seems just as bad in a different sense. Fatally flawed for a championship contending bike.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Lyn Jarvis is the issue.

He's got his mouth full of 46's private parts and will not let go. Hopefully, he will leave when 46 goes elsewhere.

Having both Lorenzo and Spies, Yamaha could have earned a few more championships had they been treated well.

ShadowBoxer, Quicktoy and G 97 like this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Good question. I’ve wondered the same. They’ve certainly had and have top talented riders.
    But something seems missing.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I like Lin.

Since when is Yamaha a shit bike? Still leading the championship.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Bro. That was a Garth being nice. I was like oh wow Garth likes this guy.

Monsterdood likes this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And that excellent Honda is not.

13. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Only if you are a Agostini lover....

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Hailwood.

BigBird, vfrket and Quicktoy like this.
  15. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I can’t stand Jarvis, I was hoping he would be canned at the end of last season. The way The Ben was treated and the way his bike fell apart....Screw Jarvis!

Quicktoy and YamahaRick like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I mean Yamaha did win a championship when VR46 left. Yamaha has also been the only one to win since MM93 got there, and btw that was this Lorenzo dude.

Yamaha Marketing wanted Rossi back more than Yamaha Racing did.

Did Spies have Houseworth as his head team leader/engineer?

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you guys, but Ben Spies was a waste of space in the factory Yamaha team. It's hard to say Lin Jarvis was the problem when you take a quick glance at what was going on in the other side of the garage.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

oh man.....you done did it

[​IMG]

Blammo, Quicktoy and Phl218 like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

LOL Riiiiiight. The only NON alien to win a race during the alien years.

Ben had the talent to be there. He was an unfortunate victim of passport politics and injuries. And stupid bad luck/imcompetence related mechanicals.

YamahaRick likes this.
  20. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

You're taking the piss right?