1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020 | Round 4 | Austria | Red Bull Ring | Aug 14-16

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 10, 2020.

1. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I watched the video quite a few times and I am still not seeing how it was all Zarco's fault. The pass may have been a bit enthusiastic but only 1 rider could see the back tire of the other. It is conceivable that Frankie did not like getting motored and missed his timing for dropping back in to the draft. I know Rossi has been making alot of noise and pointing fingers but he is pretty biased when it comes to Zarco...

BigBird, Quicktoy and motoracer1100 like this.
  2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Ok. So general consensus is from everyone except @motion that this was not Zarco’s fault. And I get what you’re saying to Motion. Just I see Frankie chose to engage when he should have rolled out and it bit him.

BigBird likes this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Well Zarco handed a Pit Lane start for his next race.

~sent from mobile

Quicktoy likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Because their non-parallel paths intersected.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

that's what causes any collision, intended or not. Still doesn't answer the question why Morbidelli was directly behind Zarco if he was on the wrong line, then they both are on the wrong line.

And in insurance the driver in the rear gets more or almost all of the blame in a collision.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Quicktoy likes this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Except... Frankie's line was good until Zarco banzaied past him on the wrong line, heading straight off the track, too fast. You can even see Frankie sit up a bit when he realizes that he's being sucked in.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

As Xaus said, it's basically done and they can not appeal, so it is what it is.

I would love to see Zarco and MM93 on the Honda hitting each other. Well at least for a lap until MM93 clears off

motion likes this.
  11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

think of the line as a vector. One is going one way, the other is 10 degrees to the left. Now, the first line initiated braking causing deflection to the right as well as slowing and indraft to the rear. I think the stewards got this one right.

motion likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

If you watch FP2 you can clearly see the two separate lines of rubber laid down in that corner those two lines intersect in two places . One line turns in before the other ( inside line ) and has less of an arch to it ( Mobi’s line ) the wider and later turn in line ( Zarco line ) . There is no right or wrong line through that corner

BigBird likes this.
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless you are Pol Espargaró or Jorge Lorenzo and believe that all the real estate from your position to the curb belongs to you.

Quicktoy and crashman like this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Surprised Fabio is the slowest Yamaha.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Someone has to have an engine left for race day...

Quicktoy likes this.
  16. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Brake issues ...

Quicktoy likes this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Look at the onboard from whoever was behind them. Franco was on the normal line and tight to the left. It really looks like he only drifted right when he saw Zarco drifting, in an attempt to avoid him

motion likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

why would he avoid him...Zarco was already in front. Yamaha is at blame with their shotty brakes

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Doesn't that mean Morbidelli should have been braking earlier?

BigBird likes this.
  20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Where would Zarco have finished the corner if Morbidelli had not hit him?

BigBird and motoracer1100 like this.