1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Lorenzo needs to get on that Roasted Chicken Honda with MA Superbike and liven some shit up. I’m sure Rainey is scheming this time of year.

2. To add to the 2019 silly-seasoning: it seems that ADAC (the official German car club) has cancelled its contract with Sachsenring due to ongoing contract irregularities.

This means that there will NOT be a MotoGP round at the Sachsenring next year. At the moment there are no other tracks in Germany that meet MotoGP Standards.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That will give them an excuse to throw another Spanish round in there.

BigBird and MachineR1 like this.
  4. Yeah, quite possible. Sucks for us Central European fans though - Sachsenring isn’t a great track, but it is well-located. MotoGP needs a German venue, especially since Switzerland won’t allow one.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be out there. A third Suzuki? 5 Yamahas? Who knows.

Beats selling time shares I guess.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Why won’t they allow one. Environmental / regulatory BS?

7. Tracks aren’t safe enough. MotoGP is too fast.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then slow the bikes down, maybe make them 800cc. :D

Potts N Pans and motoboy like this.
  9. SGVRider

I wonder what this means for Ducati. George went from being one of the best to ever throw his leg over a motorcycle on the Yamaha, to dismal results and ejection from MotoGP (absent act of God/Dorna) in 2 years. Sure Rossi recovered eventually, but he’s Rossi. He also basically lost 4-5 seasons. Will any good current rider take the Ducati risk again? It looks like the only viable path to building a good Ducati rider is to snatch them up young and new and develop them, or get a current rider at a cheap price and let him adapt for 3-5 seasons. Dovi is the only guy who was significantly experienced and eventually had success on the Ducati. That still took 4 years to bear fruit.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Why would he want on an underdog bike again?

rcarson15 likes this.
  11. SGVRider

I see, thought you meant the government doesn’t want one. Just a matter of infrastructure then. With the absence of a German round do you think the money to improve or build a suitable track in Switzerland might be available? Or is any new or renovated track in that region likely to be in Germany?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The Sachsenring is in an area that the gooberment wants people to travel to. It's a steaming shithole area of the DE.

As for Switzerland, No. Racing is outlawed. Banned. Not allowed and never will be again.

13. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What about Hockenheimring? I thin WSBK used to go there. Maybe even GP

14. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Time for Road America to get a chance

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A chance at what?

16. Mblashfield

Shinichi Itoh was the first Grand Prix rider to break the 200 mph barrier at Hockenheim on a 500cc Honda. 203 mph, I think.
    Honda made a cool commemorative hat, I had one.

17. Mblashfield

Liven some shit up....

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Prick not price lol

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That will not happen. An AFF bet is waiting over here...