1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

uhhh no. Kawi needs a few more championships.

I love Rea, but he would be coming to MotoGP, old, and pretty much fighting for second place. And, that's if he got a factory ride on one of the Big 3. And Yamaha is booked, Honda may have a spot open, and Ducati has one open.

2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Dovi is older than Rea.. we aren’t sitting here talking him about being old lol

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

True, but Lorenzo can still win champuonships on that bike, when was Rossi's last one, 10 years ago or so?

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Rea had a long relationship with Honda, and although Dani is on the downswing there aren’t many current MotoGP riders I could see being a suitable replacement for Dani if this is curtains for him. They won’t promote Crutchlow to Repsol. Repsol Honda might make sense for both parties. I couldn’t see him leaving WSBK for anything less than them or Movistar Yamaha though. Would he risk Ducati?

5. SGVRider

I agree Rossi is an albatross around their neck and has way too much power there. But Maverick hasn’t decisively outperformed him, so it’s hard to make the argument he isn’t still a competitive racer. It’s a hard situation for Yamaha. What do you want to bet there’s a lot of people behind the scenes trying to sweeten the deal for him to move into team management full time so they can be rid of him? Like when the military promotes people to a desk to get them out of their hair.

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, he's a lousy racer. Can't believe they fell for his tricks again, just for him to mail it in, race after race.

BigBird and motoboy like this.
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Literally the dumbest thing I've read all day

BigBird, helitech and CBRGriff like this.
  8. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Rossi should go ahead and get the SkyVR46 team in Motogp and ride for his own team his final year or two. Cash in on merch you don't share with Yamaha and team with a youngster, I wish Mir or Vierge, but maybe Bagnaia. Yamaha keeps an intimate relationship with the satellite team with Rossi and the team could possibly be on factory yamahas? Regardless of which model M1, Factory Yamaha would also have the same relationship they had with Tech3, that of bringing up young talent. I think they should share tye factory bike so as to use the satellite team in a development role, as well as stepping stone/young talent team. I can see loyal VR46 fans just as there are Ducati fans, and Suzuki fans, or Ferrari fans. You have a team then, and get to bitch about the riders stuff. (looking at you Steeltoe, way to be, loyal).

The time is ripe for Yamaha and SkyVR46 both to start this relationship, in my mind.

Valentino is already going to bring new talent. He's your farm system with his academy and moto3 and moto2 teams.

He also brings a long time brand to Yamaha, which means money as well (merch sales and all that).

MarcVDS apparently brings a bunch of Drama.

If Yamaha doesn't pounce on VR46, would ktm? KTM Factory SkyVR46 sort of makes my dick hard, with Zarco and Vierge on that shit, that'd be badass. KTM aint screwing around, KTM may be challenging for the championship soon. KTM wants it.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you think Rossi is hiring Spaniards for his team you're high.

vizsladog likes this.
  10. SGVRider

That was a well reasoned rebuttal. You’d do Clarence Darrow proud.

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Perhaps because you are talking about the guy who would sit 2nd in the championship had he not been taken out and is within 3 points of 2nd even with a DNF.

helitech likes this.
  12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I think he's at the point in his career where he would count that as a huge win.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The problem with VR46 going to motogp now is that they'd take most if not all the factory team's sponsors with them.

BigBird likes this.
  14. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

This. The only way Yamaha can stay happy if VR46 takes the satellite team is if the the next star factory rider brings sponsors.

The question is his ego too big to take the Satellite team? Will he want the factory team when he does MGP?

Is there long term success in MotoGP after they start running teams by big ego riders? e.g. Roberts, Doohan, Rainey? I'm not sure... The ones who have been successful have been smaller ego - eg LCR, ??? The factories will always outlast the rider and the power a rider brings. Yes Vale has made a ton of money more than the guys before him, but racing costs a lot more now too.

Long term, I could see VR46 bounce between manufacturers before he finally shuts it down. Right now, he does have a lot of power. Perhaps his M3 and M2 feeder system and riding academy will keep him in the game successfully. But what will support be like when he is running for 3 different mfgs? Perhaps his greatest success could come from a 1 mfg relationship across all 3 classes.

2 cents

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Alberto Puig says that Zarco and his his manager did him dirty and Honda never got to the point of actually making an offer.

16. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I hope he is super butthurt about it. Why would Zarco want to be #2 to Marquez anyway?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ck Puig. You know what, I'll say it again, f@ck Puig.

He's done more shit to riders, teams and blocks of fans than 10 other scumbags could collectively do.

BigBird, MachineR1, rcarson15 and 2 others like this.
  19. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Another reason to like Zarco.

20. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member