1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 10 | Brno | Czech Republic | Aug 2-4

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 29, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

meh. Marc would have beat him, it might have been close, but we'll never know.

scottn likes this.
  2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

"To be fair...."
    upload_2019-8-7_8-56-37.jpeg
    Wasn't Read already off the team for the following season? And start money at the time was muy importante, moreso or as important as factory pay or other sponsorship?

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I think Stoner was naturally faster than Marc is. Marc is a more complete racer and has a more even temperament. I agree Marc probably would’ve come off better overall, but I honestly think the ratio would be like 3-2 max. Stoner is better than anyone on the grid save Marc. Casey would’ve taken at least 2-3 titles off MM.

If Rossi hadn’t blocked Stoner from Yamaha in 2006, that dude’s record would probably look a lot like Marc’s today. 6 titles in 7 years. (Yes I’m aware Marc hasn’t officially won 6 yet, but absent aliens killing us all it’s his).

Casey didn’t hang out long enough to be the GOATboy, but he’s probably my favorite of all time. He also decisively ended the reign of the guy who many do consider the GOAT.

Steeltoe and nd4spd like this.
  4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

They were both off the team the following season as Yamaha pulled the plug on their factory efforts. The start money and other sponsorships is exactly why Read did what he did. Not saying it was right though.

6. Umm, what?

It was a Yamaha management decision. Honda made the same decision.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

With no influence from Rossi?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/mot...o-yamaha-poaching-stoner-20060718-ge2qim.html

From what I remember, Rossi didn't want Stoner as a teammate, nor did he want Lorenzo. I have no idea if Rossi was doing this because he wanted a slower teammate or if he was trying to look out for Edwards, maybe a bit of both? After Stoner blitzed the field in 2007 Yamaha basically told Rossi to STFU and they signed Lorenzo.

vizsladog likes this.
  8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Uh, that's why I pointed it out. Thanks for... whatever.

9. Past Glory

Puts the feat in perspective.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No offense to Edwards but that's two sides of the same coin.

SGVRider and pscook like this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I remember Edwards being the testing work horse for Rossi. How much of that attributed to his race pace I have no idea.

vizsladog and SGVRider like this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

13. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Betwixt...

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Just like Spies was Lorenzos test mule.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Appears to be gaining traction as they say.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's been posted 3 times so far on the beeb. Coming soon to a superbike planet article too.

I'm with Stupid, pscook and Phl218 like this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

show me those internet traction pads

Edit: yeah, I see Ducati flipping Miller or Petrux for JLo before anything happens with Dovi

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  19. Past Glory

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm no Miller fan, but Ducati ditching him for JL0 makes about as much sense as buying a rebuilt lemon lawed Porsche... used to be fast, and maybe could be again, but seriously damaged and flawed.

Razr and BigBird like this.