1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Superbikes at Pittsburgh presented by LaRoche Aviation Services | Aug 19-21

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 16, 2022.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever seen this many red flags? Are they justified? I went to the last round and it seemed like every race had at least one if not more, then two more in SBK today. Obviously safety is the biggest concern, but stop fucking up the races if no one is in danger.

418 likes this.
  2. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Nope never involved in DMG ,
    I thought the whole format was dumb.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmmm. The only rolling Starts I remember was with Moto St at an ASRA event at Road America and I believe a night race at Daytona. Of the 15 or so DMG events I attended between 2008-2009 I honestly can’t remember any rolling starts in Superbike etc. I know the pace bike idea never materialized because they were going to use Buell motorcycle and I was in line to be one of the saftey bike riders but that never happened. Honestly if the did do rolling starts, it wasn’t for very many rounds concerning Superbike/Superstock. I also don’t remember any issues with it otherwise.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Man I was at Laguna both in 2008 and 2009. I honestly can’t remember the rolling starts. I must have been absorbed with my own deal. Plus my memory is shot. Not that I’ve had multiple crash induced concussions or anything. LOL.

SundaySocial likes this.
  5. 418

418 Expert #59

I honestly don't even know how to respond to that. How does this have anything to do with his commentating?

And if running out of gas is your prerequisite for being a douche I got a good buddy of mine who's your huckleberry. Setting up fake emails is particularly egregious as well.

Damn, I can only image what some of ya'll think of me.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah, maybe a bit of a knee jerk reaction but I guess it's hard to fault them. Between VIR "you're not responding fast enough" to the Brainerd tragedy I think they might be airing on the side of caution.

But I had the same thought.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

grumble grumble grumble filthy immigrant grumble grumble

:D

A. Barrister and Ducman851 like this.
  8. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

yall weird for this Cody Wyman hate. its legal in the rules, got beef.. take it up with Wayne. as KW stated, he was out of racing and put ego aside to race. i thought you moto nuts would respect that, guess not. I do remember it used to be 25, idk when it changed but it did. live with it

its awesome to see Rocco getting wins. He has always been my favorite since I almost ran his ass over at VIR back in 2019. since last year he has really matured through dieting, exercise, and adjusting to different set ups. now we just need him to string a coherent sentence together post race!! BRED

tophyr likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

I couldn't really give a shit if it wasn't for the fact that Jake Lewis especially had to sit out a year because he couldn't find a SBK ride but couldn't drop down to SSTK either due to the licensing requirements. I wanna say another rider went thru the same thing as well. I think that particular issue has been fixed but I think MA needs to look at the way they are doing things on that front. Some of it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

drop likes this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No hating here, just said it's going to be kind of a hollow championship.

GNC likes this.
  11. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

2008 was still AMA Pro. 2009 was the first year of DMG. They used the rolling starts for Daytona Sportbike but not for American Superbike, then went back to clutch starts in 2010.

Now let's get back to 2022 MA Pitt! Times are off in Twins warmup, must be wet, gonna be a super interesting day with championships on the line etc.

12. henry_carlson

It was herrin iirc, but yea that was a problem. I dont follow how that relates to cody tho.

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

bit of a stretch i'd think, to say "entry level class which basically equates into a beginners class". I get it's a cheaper way to get in, but it's a pro level race. "beginner" as i would think, would be a true beginner rider. which would have no business on the jr cup grid. That's what track days (novice class) and some club racin is for. just thinking out loud.. there are beginner classes in offroad racing. true first time racers with little riding experience. they race on saturday down here (not on the sunday bit longer and rougher course with C,B,A and AA class racers), toward the back of a harescramble grid, so there's lots of time for them to spread out as the front rows lap them on a 10+- mile course.

Boman Forklift and Gino230 like this.
  14. henry_carlson

then it would be hollow for anyone. gus, max and joey were all in this class for years but because they are younger its a legit chip?

tophyr and Robby-Bobby like this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

In the beginning there was alot more rules restricting Superbike riders from SS, twins, or STK 1000, SS riders from STK 1000 or Twins, and JR Cup was limited to 25.

But, there wasn't enough racers, so they modified the rules. Now that things are moving forward, maybe they will go back to the tighter rule package they had before. The gap in Twins was crazy this weekend, the endurance the weekend before had a big impact on the people who have jobs or smaller budgets and couldn't attend. Fast guys were 1.5 sec under the race record on the first day.

As I said earlier though, I don't think they will. Max revenue and all.

SundaySocial, 418 and G 97 like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

He is within the rules, I would be proud as heck if I were him or his family. He didn’t ask for the rules to be changed, nor did he win a higher championship and step back down.

I really don’t see anything to complain about!

17. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Anyone who has raced against someone younger, lighter, and with a shorter distance (measured in centimeters or inches) between genital region and the brain knows that being older is NOT an advantage. YMMV of course.

Waterboy, tophyr and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. Boman Forklift

+1 million %

Exactly!!!!!!!

You guys should be proud of him!!!

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I disagree. Although it’s a moot point anyway considering he’s racing in the class. But pretty clear from reading MotoAmericas own take on the class how they are presenting it.
    entry-level

Also found in: Wikipedia.
    en·try-lev·el
    (ĕn′trē-lĕv′əl)
    adj.
    1. Appropriate for or one who is new to something, such as a job oractivity: an entry-level job in sales; an entry-level computer.
    2. Of or relating to a job or position that requires little experience and islow in a hierarchy: entry-level wages.
    3. Appropriate for a beginner; basic: an entry-level digital camera.

20. Boman Forklift

That is definitely correct!!!!