1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica - Round One - Road Atlanta 04/21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by motodog650, Apr 5, 2023.

1. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

I'll be there in the Turn 3 area late Thursday or early Friday. Depends on work.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Will be helping set up Donnie Rowe Boulevard outside of turn 12 Thursday. Not camping this year myself, however. I'm close enough to commute to my own bed.

motodog650 likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'll be wrenching for Orange Cat on Chloe's, Kaleb's and Ezra's bikes. Stop by and say hello

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Get ready to adjust Kaleb's clip-ons no less than 6 times a day...

JJJerry, Waterboy, dasrider and 4 others like this.
  5. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see how Kaleb does

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

He has had a lot of seat time so to my knowledge him and the bike are pretty dialed in. But that doesn’t mean I’m not more than happy to make any adjustments necessary.

Rance Taylor likes this.
  7. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

Yes I believe the team has put in some decent time on the track!

8. I’ve heard rumors about a couple options he had and sounded like his “management team” were in left field but won’t go into all details as I don’t know facts not hearing from the horses mouth. In the current climate unless you are one of the select few you are going to need to bring something to the table to get a ride, wether it’s directly or indirectly. Obviously that’s been the case in motorsports for years but as we all know even riding for no salary, heck even for a discounted rate off buying a ride is like getting paid.

418 likes this.
  9. Hard not to like the guy, hard working dude.

Gino230 and 418 like this.
  10. This compliments my post about kind of being in left field a bit. I have a lot of respect for the sacrifices and efforts his parents have made but you cannot have control forever. Either way it sucks to have talent sidelined.

418 likes this.
  11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's unreal how things have changed. Back in the good old days, showing you're a front runner in supersport got you a contract (remember Steve Rapp as a privateer at Sears Point leading the 600ss race?). Now we have Rocco who won 3 supersport races last year, yet no ride for 2023.

ToofPic likes this.
  12. Agree. The business model has changed and some have adapted well and others haven’t. Love or hate Herrin, he adapted to the social media game, found some outside sponsors to fund rides, etc. The days of being a past champion pretty well guaranteeing you a ride somewhere the next year(s) are long gone. Not to mention the fact there is a lot more data to track sponsors ROI and that’s opened some doors and closed others. I didn’t pay a dime out of pocket my 2nd racing as a novice because I went and found outside industry sponsors and it obviously wasn’t because of my results. On track performance is becoming less of a factor in this day and age, Canet is a great example. His tattoos are holding him back from more than a few good rides. I’m not trying to debate if that’s right or wrong, it’s just the facts.
    Kaleb and Hayden Schultz are two that come to mind as coming off very well on camera where as if I was the one making the decision on a rider to sponsor I’d not even consider Barry even if he was a multi time champ. The first two riders fit with my kind of style where as the third one doesn’t because with all the social media importance image takes a lot more of a center stage.
    Cam Peterson makes me ill with his accent, full head of locks and f ing charm. It makes me ill because I don’t have that charisma:) Westby is another great example of really representing your sponsor. Lots of examples out there those just popped in my head.

tophyr, SundaySocial, 5axis and 4 others like this.
  13. I’ll be there Friday for sure as I’ll probably go f around at Fox next door for a bit as well. Kids supposed to have ball Saturday but word is it’s being moved out 2 weeks so if that’s the case I’ll be around most of the event.

14. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

We'll be there, living the dream! :crackup:
    bjn60319_p.JPG

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That truly never happened. Yes it could happen but it was never a guarantee of a contract especially a fully paid ride.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

That's exactly what happened. It was 1996 or 1997. Nobody knew who Steve Rapp was. Then all of a sudden he's on his privateer GSXR600 leading the AMA600ss race at Sears Point against all of the factory bikes.. His career took off after that.

grasshopper likes this.
  17. Quick6RR

Quick6RR Well-Known Member

Be there sat/sun. What’s the best place to spectate? Turn 10 by the jumbotron?

18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Canet seems like a nice guy. I’ve thought he needs to come do a bagger race on a Harley. Show off that ink. He will be a legend!

19. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

will be there with Max 88. stop by the paddock!
    tim

t11ravis and rafa like this.
  20. For sure.

Yzasserina likes this.