1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Round 6 | Brainerd International Raceway | 28-30 JUL

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Did we call it the hairpin? I never did.... but I do remember plenty of people in the rain getting almost straight up coming onto the straight, and then losing it into the wall. Funny that corner never worried me. Last corner at Putnam was way worse from a safety standpoint.

27 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hairpin doesn't sound right does it? Might have just been called T14 or 15 or the like, the carousel (12) had a name of course. It sucked but you were going so slow and going with the walls that it usually wasn't an issue with the runoff.

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Carousel yes...yeah, I don't recall anyone getting hurt hitting the wall, as they were usually at such a glancing angle that there wasn't much impact. Usually a good long slide though, and then they'd usually pick it back up and keep going.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do remember Tim Bemisderfer going nose in to the haybales and flipping over it once.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Don't recall that, but I do recall that starting line incident there....nightmare. Lisa almost stopped coming to the races after that.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tom someone, came back and raced after that too. Used to travel with him some.

7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Any chance Josh can finish second behind Cam with Jake 3rd?

GM GIXXER and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

No way he’s faster than Gagne.

Once a Wanker.. and Quicktoy like this.
  9. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Straddling the line of hero, and fool, with skill. :D

voss555 and 5axis like this.
  10. 27

27 Well-Known Member

We can name it now that we’ll never use it again :D

What do you call the tunnels they hook onto trailers to get the bulls out into an arena? :D

11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Well I did it wrong… because after the only nice pavement there in the carousel, I’d get all excited, and then go oh shit, don’t hit that stuff. Then I remember having to pick the bike up to cross one lane then lean hard to finish before the wall…

I didn’t like it much, took my riders school there and only two more races, last one in 99…

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

it seems the parking lot corners left lots of room for variation, around the slick painted parking spots of course

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Surprised they came back.

How many baggers you think will lay ‘er down so they don’t crash in Joker?

14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

While I agree, I have to wonder what a cluster of 4 riders up front could do to tighten the pack. Herrin, Hayes, Boobies, and Gagne might get into some passing games.....

Once a Wanker.. and 5axis like this.
  15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

What year did you do Riders School? I think I ran them up until '93.

16. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I love Hayes like everyone does, but I’m guessing he’s going to do what Beach did a couple years ago on the Attack bike, run a couple seconds off the pace and keep it upright.

17. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hayes fighting with Herrin last year? And He should have best Fores at Laguna. He's every bit as fast as Herrin, so is up front, so I expect JH4 to be too.

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

So what you are saying ... bring back a win or don't bring the bike back.. got it.

19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I think it was 94, maybe 93. Neville Algie and a writer for Performance Bikes, the UK magazine, were in the class. It was taught by a lanky guy that ran an off the norm class like vintage or clubman or singles or twins… not the usual ABC or D classes iirc

20. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I have to think JH4 is reading this thread and rolling his eyes at the level of BS....do you guys recall he's regularly up front in SS? It's not like the guy forgot how to ride, plus remember what they say about age and treachery.