1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Round 6 | Brainerd International Raceway | 28-30 JUL

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 25, 2023.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]
    Round six of the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship will have the following classes competing:
    – Superbike
    – Supersport
    – Stock 1000
    – STG Junior Cup
    – King of The Baggers
    – Royal Enfield Build Train Race

Schedule is Central time zone

upload_2023-7-25_10-1-4.png

Steeltoe and JBall like this.
  2. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

full brainerd

Daniel06 likes this.
  3. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

Really wish they rode the long course with old 7/8 the BMWs and Duc should hit 200+ on the front straight. So much better flow.

MyWayGuy, Circacee, 5axis and 2 others like this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I hated running the short course.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You ever ride across a drag strip burn out area at speed when it just sprinkles a little bit?

6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

too many times but turns 1 &2 there more than make up for it. Some of the most fun corners I’ve ridden on. The rest is just another combo of corners imo

7. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

I've literally ridden that course in the rain. I know just how sketchy VHT is and that it is the number one barrier to it happening.

Circacee likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

The front straight is the only place at BIR that I *haven’t* crashed! :D

Did they run short or long course last year?

27 and Ducman851 like this.
  9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I think my second race at IRP in 98 it sprinkled a bit. It was.. Interesting. The next day however it was hot AF. Either Tray or Lee managed to wheelie most of the front straight.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

JH4 gonna get no rest. Not only pulling double duty but back to back races both days.

11. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

The first lap I ever did there in the rain I barely touched the throttle and lost it. Easiest crash ever, it was kind of fun sliding forever on that stuff, it was like ice.

12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yeah, IRP made you immune to burn out pits like Memphis and Brainerd. At IRP you had to turn on it with a wall and a guardrail on both sides… made wet Grattan sealer feel like 36 grit dry sandpaper comparatively… what we didn’t know I guess.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come on now, the hairpin at IRP did not have VHT in it, that wasn't until you crossed onto the dragstrip and even that was past the burnout boxes.

Memphis however..... :eek:

Once a Wanker.. and 27 like this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'm certain they'd love to have the business again. Plus, they spruced the place a bit. The surface might need some work though :D

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

This is the track Gagne sent that Attack Bike for an epic yard sale last year. Not wishing that on anyone, shit was tough to watch.

Once a Wanker.. and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Short

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

yeah true, iirc we came into the drag strip in the staging area so between the burn out pit and the start line? Still slick as shit. Like I said what I didn’t know.

Only went to Memphis once and knew better after that :D

I was excited to try this new racing thing and would’ve ridden on any surface.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Firebird was fun for that too. Didn't rain very often though.

969 and cse like this.
  19. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Ive ridden it (Brainerd) in a monsoon where I couldn’t see where I was on track(there is a strip about 18”wide in between the VHT that you have to stay on in the rain) I got on the VHT and thought my clutch went out. Turns out, it was just so slippery, I had no idea that my tire was spinning. And that was on an R3..

R1Racer99 likes this.
  20. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

90% of my expert wins were in the rain on the long course lol.