1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Ridge Motorsports Park | June 23 - 25

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 20, 2023.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was BS. I think the rule should be no passing for position. I guarantee Rocco passing a rider who is going at 110% of race pace is safer than Rocco throwing out the anchor to avoid passing a lapper.

tophyr, notbostrom and kenessex like this.
  2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

The rider he passed was having a mechanical, couldn't get the bike in gear. He just came to us and apologized to Rocco and offered to explain to officials what happened.

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

So go buy a V2 and race SS next season. Let us know when you win the championship.

4. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t the 20 second penalty added to his time at the completion of the lap and not that split?

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

How many fans are they getting at that place? Maybe it’s just the camera angles but I don’t see any.

418 likes this.
  6. 418

418 Expert #59

Sure thing, you writing that check boss? Let's go.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The lapper was 6 seconds off his usual sector time. He was putt putting. Also, Rocco had the brakes slammed trying to do everything to haul the bike down as shown by our data. If you were ever at the Ridge, you would see how close the start/finish line (the flagging station) is to the turn in to the chicane.
    Somebody needs to bring the supersport bikes to a dyno and write an article. I believe all the balancing comes from FIM, but is Metronik doing all the legwork?

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I saw the rider shake his head and that must have been why. I thought maybe he knew the rider down and was gawking/reacting. But the head shake and the really slow speed makes sense with this insight.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

After reading about his mechanical and the fact he tried to explain that to MA , my opinion has changed . And the fact that you can't appeal is bullshit .

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

I just don't think numbers and squiggle lines tell the whole story. As I'm sure you'd know.

I wasn't bitching couple rounds ago, dude can obviously ride. But 6 wins in a row, including a places he's never seen before? Walking away from the pack like they're a bunch of novice riders?

The whole thing looks suspect at this point.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Didn’t they say the same about Ben’s Pies when he embarrassed everyone across the pond?

12. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

you clearly never watched wsbk when he was there

13. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Pardon my ignorance, but where did you find a lap of Summit Point on a 400 at 1:20.1?

14. 418

418 Expert #59

You guys keep trying to make this about the rider. I'm saying the rules suck. How the fuck you gonna say it's balanced performance rules when one guy on the ONE bike that has the most CC's is running away with the races.

Anyways, I digress.

15. pickled egg

Because it’s ONE guy on ONE bike.

Put that ONE guy on a different bike, are the results the same, or similar enough that a mechanical advantage isn’t the knee jerk assumption?

Dragginass and The Great One like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

6 races in a row dude has cleared off.

Balanced performance my ass.

I thought the rules were supposed to encourage close racing and all makes being competitive.

I guess this guy is just the next Marquez. Sorry, I don't buy it. His best finish in WSS that I could find was 4th. He placed 7th in WSBK championship multiple times. Dude is fast but he's no Petrucci and we see how well he went last year.

The math don't math.

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

No they didn’t. Ben won the 2009 championship by 6 points. His bike had the same displacement as every other bike on the grid also. Apples/oranges…

418 likes this.
  18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I haven’t looked, but I think WSS has the same rules, is the Ducati winning every race there too? If not, then the rider must be pretty good.

pickled egg likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Multiple podiums in world sbk and top independent team in 2018, and being chosen by Ducati to come here and get paid to race= pretty good rider imo yes.

Boman Forklift and The Great One like this.
  20. pickled egg

We remember things differently.

I remember a lot of chatter about a guy on a new bike, new tires, new tracks, wiping his ass with the competition…

Just looked at the results. 10 wins for Yamaha and Spies, 11 wins for Ducati (8 with Haga, 3 with Fabrizio) two wins for Honda and Rea, and one win for Aprilia and Biaggi.

Did anyone mention the displacement of the 2009 Ducati?

Sykes couldn’t sniff the podium on the other Yamaha.

So the 200cc advantage in 2009 wasn’t an advantage, apparently, but in 2023 it is?

Gixxerguy855 and The Great One like this.