1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Jersey

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

No, that gives the track too much time to thoroughly clean the oil up.

2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Man, I am really hoping some more teams take the plunge into SuperSport next year. Used to love watching that class. Good luck @tophyr!

tophyr likes this.
  3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

thanks man! you gonna be there? would be great to actually meet you lol

Gino230 and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Meh, reality < expectations :crackup:

Gino230 likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I would guess that is a big NOPE, since the Baggers are actually providing viewers and butts in the seats. I would like to see them last race of the day. I also think that Jr Cup should have their first race on Friday and the second one on Saturday. Then Twins should have 2 races every weekend. I think STK 1000 should be fine with only 1 race per weekend, as they can also race the 2 SBK races and get in 3 per weekend.

6. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

They are the last race of the day.

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Finally!!!

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Is that because they’re at the end of the schedule, or because there won’t be any time left before dark when all the cleanup is done?

Banditracer likes this.
  9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Well it appears Motoamerica is listening. The baggers challenge still starts off Saturday but on Sunday, this is the first time they have moved it. While MA love the impressions, views, follows and fans the paddock is sick of them.

Colin Barton was on the podcast and he spoke about the frustrations of Twins having to take a back seat to the ther classes. He mentioned that he voiced his opinion on the matter and was told he was heard and it will be addressed.

In my opinion the schedule is open enough to have them all run with baggers at the end and superbike on at 3 with enough daylight.

10. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

The track is already pre-oiled from CCS last weekend. Somebody apparently lost a drain plug (no safety wire?), I guess filled their belly pan and wiped out, and left a 3-foot wide oil slick all the way from 3a to the edge of the track over wheelie hill.

I came across it on Saturday morning practice under a yellow flag before red flag came out, slid and nearly yanked my arms out of the socket riding it out, lucky to save it.

They cleaned it up pretty well and the racing line was good but there were still huge swaths of kitty litter remnants all weekend.

sheepofblue and Gino230 like this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

FWIW, the track sold out the VIP tickets to a large group, thwarting MA's online ticketing.
    Kinda miffed...Yzass wanted to meet Petrucci and hang with Eraldo for a bit, plus, VIP is the bomb for parking, catered food, bar, AC, balcony, large screen, etc. :(

Gino230 likes this.
  12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'll be there Saturday.

I'll be the fat guy in flip flops.

13. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

Email MA. I did for the Pitt round and they sent me a code. I also have MA+ but I doubt they really check

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You probably know John Ulrich. Give him a call and see if he has any extra passes. All the teams that signed up to show all year long get a bunch of passes, I'm not sure how many? I'm sure he would at least let @Yzasserina in with a ticket. LOL

Just on the outside chance I can help you, I called one of Tyler's racer buddies, and he will let me know if he has any extras in the next day or two.

sheepofblue likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm not sure that's gonna fly if an entire group bought out the VIP passes. MA had nothing to do with selling the buyout and I'd be surprised if there's anything that can be done, but I know zilch about these kinds of things...which would have to happen by Friday afternoon at the latest. We're only interested in Saturday due to personal constraints.

I feel like it's asking a bit much to expect teams to take time to accommodate last minute concessions. I do appreciate the thought, tho'. Thanks.

16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Agreed honey, I don’t want to be a burden to anyone, they have things to do. We wanted the parking and a base of operations and so on. Thanks for the offer though Rob, you’re a sweetheart.

The track selling the VIP tickets exclusively to a single group of people is just flat out obnoxious. I guess MA just has to put up with it I guess until they sufficiently grow the sport. Oh well.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

[​IMG]

All time are Eastern
    upload_2022-9-8_8-58-53.png

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I’ll be at Barber, we can make fun of @Monsterdood for not showing up. :crackup:

tophyr and Monsterdood like this.
  19. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member