1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Championship of Utah | 20 Jul - 22 Jul

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 20, 2018.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Its good for that 1 Manufacture.... All other companies cant compete...

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

it really sounds like u are supporting my idea.

if the Ninja400 and the RC390R didnt have restrictions to slow them down, the R3 would never even sniff a podium. when the KTM finally makes it to Twins and is allowed to run a SBK motor per the rules, none of the other bikes will have a chance. so MA needs to change the rules or the class dies.

track wagon likes this.
  3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Just managing expectations. :D

G 97 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

or people buy the KTM?

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Speaking of the KTM390R, are they still impossible to find/buy?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, they keep their ten year old SV and just go back to club racing. :D

Gorilla George, stk0308 and TLR67 like this.
  7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

A couple of months ago, I believe Kelly Rees posted that he tried to buy one and he was told they weren't any available.

8. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

except that to finish first, first you must finish.

cajun636 and TLR67 like this.
  9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Well, in that case Ryan should have hit that front tire with some LUCAS Slick Mist.....
    And I was talking to Nate at MV this morning and we both agreed that livery is bold and aggressive for sure.

KWyman133 likes this.
  10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

LOL the more you bash the SV and lightweight bikes the more I laugh because the thought of you riding one is fucking hilarious. What would be even more funny is you on a little 390. I'd throw down cash to watch that.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ah, but I’m not bashing the SV or any lightweight bike.
    An SV isn’t much if any smaller compared to a 600 in size.
    Not to mention I've done plenty of laps on an SV.

12. stangmx13

possible, since its not a homologation special like the RC390R. but its still not good for the series to have 1 bike dominate. 3-4 diff bikes capable of winning seems to be a good number based on other series.

13. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Never knew that. Were you slow?

14. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thats a crappy way to look at it IMO. Who wants to watch RPM Limited bikes? I suspect with just a little imagination there are ways around he RPM limiter without much effort.
    I’d rather see them open the rules up
    More to make the bikes more even than limit them. Funny that some consider it a SV class when they have been the minority at the races we attended.
    Ya’ll seem to have this KTM figured to win every race next year, who is gonna ride it? Seems to me that is the biggest part of it.

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. t11ravis

I honestly expect them to put Fillmore on it at least at the beginning.

MachineR1 and rcarson15 like this.
  16. t11ravis

Haven’t heard any rumors or anything, came up with that delusion all on my own.

17. stangmx13

the ppl that care about the specs and how bikes go fast are such a small minority. hell, regular fans don't even care how fast bikes go. u cant see any of that shit on TV or Youtube anyway.

ya, MA could do other things. they could allow the SV/EX to be 2mm over and maybe the FZ only 1mm over and blah blah. either way, u get rules that have the same intent as variable rev limits - diff specs per model. u cant really open the rules entirely, say by opening the bottom end more, because the fastest bike would just go faster too.

so whats the difference btw variable "open" rules and a variable rev limit - ease of entry and cost. I suspect ud get more racers on the grid w/ SSTK motors and a spec QS than with more open SBK motors. the class needs more full time entries anyways.

if KTM decides to put a talented kid on their Twin and they have a crew of Austrian Technicians supporting them, ya I do think they'll win nearly every race.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I rather see them close it up. SV and FZ are pretty even as stock bikes. What makes them less even is more open rules.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Define slow.

Kris87 likes this.
  20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm with you, I see Danny likes it the other way. I believe there are more people that prefer limited mods versus the run what ya brung, bore it, stroke it, nitrous it, port it, funky cranks, etc. type rules.