1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Championship of Utah | 20 Jul - 22 Jul

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Brain wasn’t keeping up with my typing but maybe we can do some marketing with parodies :)

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  2. Great post. Other series will have either support classed or in some cases guest support classes to fill the tine. People don’t think they get a good value just sitting around and with tracks being so large it’s not easy to corral fans for a show or the like to fill the gap. Not everyone has a scooter to zip around on or wants to leave their stuff unattended.

3. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

KWyman133 likes this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:

+ 1,000,000

I don't get it either, I just figured those guys are so smart they must understand better than I do, why the Twins class is killing roadracing in America? I'm still interested to see what happens when the new KTM comes out, it appears that will really shake up the class.

TLR67 likes this.
  5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

AP has said several times that KTM is not going to homologate it for twins. I have no idea where he got that information. I do know KTM plans on doing AFT with the bike(motor).

With the current rules package, the SVs have a tough time now. If they let that thing in. We wont even bother showing up..

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. If MA isn't going to let the KTM in, IMO they need to state that. I, maybe incorrectly think, that could be hurting interest in the class. After seeing how well you guys have run with an SV, I likely would have picked one up and tried to get it ready for the 2-3 rounds Tyler could have made this year. At this point, neither of us know if he will really have any time in the next couple years to do anything. Plus I didn't want to pour a bunch of money in a bike that would be made obsolete with the introduction of the KTM, especially when I didn't even know if the AP Yamaha was going to make the SV obsolete.

7. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

They still have to have a rider capable enough of beating Parrish :clap:

TLR67 likes this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

There's the answer @G 97 is looking for. Allow the KTM in and it kills the class!!!

rcarson15 likes this.
  9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I hear they will

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I want that bike. Might have to buy one when it finally comes out.

11. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

cajun636 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

This would be awesome. Although in reality it would only up the level of competitive bikes. My understanding is that this is a twin class not an SV class. Funny how the SV peeps take some exception to this. :crackup:
    The reality is this class is going away anyway on its own accord. Just a matter of time.
    Let the SS1000 run on both days.

13. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

To be fair, there arent many FZ or ER6 or "other twins" peeps frequenting this forum, let alone get in any discussion about it.. so essentially it's all SV peeps.

t11ravis likes this.
  14. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I can only think of 3 total with Derek being the only non SV guy. Gotta believe he doesn’t have time for this thread right now.

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Sorry to disappoint but I’m pretty confident we’ll be out there in ‘19 too.

turbulence, RM Racing and TLR67 like this.
  16. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I think id rather see the Twins class structured like the Jr Cup, at least for engines. keep the engine mods somewhat limited, give each bike its own rev limit, and make it all about the rider and their chassis tuner. I suspect when the KTM is allowed in, this will be the only way to keep any parity in the class.

rcarson15, t11ravis and regularguy like this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Not me.... It calls for good manufacture racing but is not good IMO for the regular unsponsored Privateer's.... Unless Daddy is loaded...

18. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I don't understand what u mean by "good manufacture racing"?

the Jr Cup is good racing independent of the manufacturers because they all decided to make very different little bikes. the same situation exists with Twins and will get worse w/ the KTM.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Regular unsponsored privateers do not need to be going professional racing. Why in the world do people keep insisting on rules that are not appropriate for pro racing? If you're doing it for fun there is club racing all over the US that is cheaper and all sorts of rules for you.

Cam Morehead likes this.
  20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Not exactly ground breaking news. :Poke::D:eek: