1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

So, with the data coming in top 4 was 120mph+.

The only abnormality I seen was Hayden Bickenese who had high speed but was floating tenth. Then he hooked all the sectors together and landed P1 last lap!

Appears to be three tiers. 120mph+, 119mph-118mph, then below 117mph. The data speaks for itself regardless of opinion.

Unofficial.

[​IMG]

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The speed shown on the graphic you posted is the current lap trap speed, not the fastest trap speeds of the session.

You need this sheet for that data, which tells a different story than the one you're insisting is true, regardless of opinion.

http://www.motoamericaregistration.com/Results/2022/VIR/22_4_VIR_JRC_Q1_seg.pdf

In order for what you're saying to be true, riders would have slow segments and high trap speeds. Instead, we're seeing the riders with the fastest segments having the highest trap speeds and trap speeds increase as lap times drop and exit speed out of the hog pen increases.

Triple X and 5axis like this.
  3. FastByKids

Yes, I don't have that data! It's hard seeing whom is doing the consistent high trap speed and taking mental notes. Appears when a rider messed up a section some would tour around until trying again for the next lap.

A quick check of the data you provided does somewhat validate the three tiers.

Man, I'm watching Herrin struggle at the moment. Wonder if he is playing cat and mouse...

4. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

did it snap the top of the left fork tube? can say I have ever seen that before

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

???

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Not only do you not have all of the relevant data, you also suck at interpreting the data you do have. You are clearly mistaking correlation with causation. Drawing and opinion from poorly analyzed or missing data does not support your position, it only reinforces your bias.

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Super secret high dollar engine builds are the only thing that contributes to trap speeds and therefore, fast lap times.

Sudowoodo, 5axis and pickled egg like this.
  8. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Justin Jones crashed his Altus bike and it tumbled across the track. He's up and ok but the bike is pretty banged up. I didn't get a good look at the forks though

YamRZ350 likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Jesus Ken, just let Fucktardio believe that everyone is cheating but him. Maybe then he’ll shut the fuck up.

10. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

They showed really good close up on live and it looked like it did. Don’t see how that could happen

11. prm

prm Well-Known Member

For sale: GSXR, fresh motor, lightly used, needs some work.

Sudowoodo and Nathey like this.
  12. FastByKids

Well, SSP just got interesting! Shaping up for a good battle tomorrow.

Unofficial

[​IMG]

13. kenessex

Not likely that he'll ever shut up. Good Dog, he has an unfounded opinion on everything. Notice that he opined that Herrin sure is struggling? Apparently struggling means being .25 sec from the top in 5th place. Yup, sure looks like struggling to me. Yet another case of his drawing unfounded conclusions from incomplete data. Statistically, he is a fucking nightmare of bias, opinion and martyrdom all wrapped up into a single pity party of 1.
    It really makes me feel like a bit of a bully to point this out, but I just can't resist the temptation.

Triple X, Dave Wolfe and pickled egg like this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sadly, striking this particular breed of stupid repeatedly about the head, neck, face and chest with logic and facts leads nowhere.

For some, there is no hope.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

If the figure on the far right on those charts is the trap speeds in SSP, Sam Lochoff must be something to behold through the corners.

16. FastByKids

Don't be going down the rabbit hole of the other flame warriors!

That was at the end of the session and most likely represents his cool down lap to pit in.

17. Nathey

Nathey Well-Known Member

Maaan top 3 superbike guys are separated by 0.105 seconds in Q1. Looking like a great battle for tomorrow. Hopefully we finally get to see Gagne Vs Petrux on track lol. But it looks like Scholtz will be in the mix too!

FastByKids likes this.
  18. FastByKids

Was a bit boring until the last two minutes. Forty minute Q is overkill IMO.

Unofficial

[​IMG]

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

By your reckoning JG could not possibly be in P1 during Q1 as he is almost 2 mph slower that MS in P2 How do you explain this? We will wait.

5axis likes this.
  20. kenessex

LOL... now I am a "flame warrior" for pointing out your failures of logic and your statistical analysis failures?
    I am not flaming, I am pointing out how analytical science works.
    I guess I could just resort to name calling, profanity and derogatory statements, but I think I will just stick to pointing out the obvious deficiencies in your thought process.
    Res ipsa loquitur