1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any posts like that about anything. All he posts are on track vids or pics. ‍

418 likes this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

I thought they gave the championship to Petrucci already? Like they did with Baz last year....

Kinda disappointed with Danilo, I thought he would be a happy go lucky kind of guy but he's turning out to be anything but.

Bring Baz back.

Dragginass likes this.
  3. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Attack did the Daytona 200 on pirellis and Richard has had 2 wildcards in WSBK with Pirellis. they do have limited data if they raced on Pirellis and I think if given the choice Richard would choose Pirelli over dunlop

Nathey and 418 like this.
  4. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

He's a professional Racer. Racers race on the equipment given. The tires are the same for every rider. We've gone from people here (not you) saying he was going to run away with the championship.... no matter the lack of track knowledge, bike, tires etc because he was that much better than our guys. Well that was always bullshit a and Gagne is proving it. Petrucci didn't even finish 2nd this weekend, let alone first.

418 likes this.
  5. Dragginass

Did we ever figure out how Petrucci crashed after crossing the finish line?

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Nothing against MS11, be didn't he also cry the blues and complain last year when Baz raced raced him ( MS11) and others a little close than anyone had years before ?
    Not that either Baz or Petrux rides dirty, just a bit closer than the riders were used to until now.

7. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I have no dog in this hunt. I have two Italian bikes and neither are Ducatis so I am no Ducati fanboy. I think your statement though is pretty far off base. Racing bikes with this much horsepower and the sophisticated electronics they have is pretty much about how well they can utilize the potential of the tires for speed and longevity. I will tell you this that a number of my friends are fed up with the Motoamerica Yamaha Cup and Dunlop lovefest and if anybody wants the series to grow it needs to change.

backbone and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  8. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

was he given the podium spot? In WSBK you have to be in Parc Ferme within 5 min of the race end and Petrux most def was not

9. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

The Yamaha Dunlop combo does seem to be the best, and Attack is the best of that with great riders. A more interesting question to me is, imagine Attack BWM or Attack Kaw, how would those combinations work out on the Dunlops. I would expect them to be good, but just how good is a reasonable question.

10. Dragginass

I get all of that. But what did I say that was off base? I don't doubt Petrucci has the talent to win a SBK championship. I merely questioned everyone who was ready to crown him champ before he ever went head to head with our fast guys.....and as I said back then....the package of Jake/Attack is really that good. You aren't going to come here and de-throne them without a massive effort and massive talent. "MotoGP talent" alone isn't going to get you there.

Nathey likes this.
  11. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

12. Dragginass

Not sure, but he just posted on Instagram bitching again:

[​IMG]

418 likes this.
  13. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah this dude is is starting to sound like a real primadonna.

Pretty sure he was trying to go on the outside of Scholtzy and just ran out of real estate.

lonewrench, Gino230 and Dragginass like this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

So your friends want Yamaha penalized because they brought the best package to the race track so you guys can be entertained by a different bike winning? Nothing has been stopping other manufacturers from entering and developing their bikes on the Dunlop tires and kicking Yamaha's ass.

I guess we should have done the same thing back in the mid-2000 when Suzuki was kicking everybody's ass?

Ridiculous. This is just the sign of the times where everybody wants some fake parity and for everybody to get a trophy.

Nathey, Boman Forklift and Suzuka_joe like this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I wonder why he wasn't attended to after his crash? Wouldn't be surprised to see him quit mid-season.

BigBird, ajcjr and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  16. Dragginass

I couldn't tell from TV where he was or where the nearest corner workers were.

17. Yama-saurus

Not primadonna at all and it doesn't matter who he was passing or what caused him to fall down.
    To me, he is upset and justifiably so, as he is stating that he was lying deside the track that was still hot or active for a couple minutes, with bikes passing by, and no medical or cornerworker assistance?
    And still had to hobble to get medical assistance?

18. Yama-saurus

RRW shows MV was DQ'd during post race inspection...

19. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Was his trap speed too high?

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?