1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Well damn…. I’ll have to admit the one mistake I’ve made in life :)

koth442 likes this.
  2. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

A few months back they were looking for a STK 1000 rider and they were trying to put a deal together with Honda. They sold all of the Suzuki stuff.

koth442 likes this.
  3. AndrewG725

AndrewG725 Well-Known Member

fair enough!

4. 418

418 Expert #59

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Never heard of the Podium Club so I went to the website and found this:

"We’re just getting started. The Podium Club at Attesa will be the cornerstone of a motorsports and advanced technology destination where people can work, live and play. Racetracks and residential areas will be surrounded by commercial, retail, entertainment and industrial parks."

I wonder how long before some resident complains about the noise and tries to get the track shut down.

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I just spent way too much time on that Attesa site looking at all their plans. With the larger plan of multiple tracks and an air park, they have the zoning in place that should keep the eventual neighboring developments in check.
    They are both selling and leasing on-site residences, garages and hangars. It would solidify the on-site residences to make them lease-only, no chance of any complaints with that as it would be in the lease contract.
    But I am sure they have looked into all that and are plenty comfortable with it all.

7. Evolution247

Evolution247 Well-Known Member

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Love me some Baz. But damn that sucks for Xavi.

10. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

11. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

12. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

13. Chazzz

Chazzz Active Member

I'm just speculating because I know nothing but my opinion. But Loris has proven results on the bike from 2021, a lot of podiums. He's been on comparable bikes since leaving the team minus his injury time. he's also younger than Xavi.

Maybe they think Loris is less Risk given his proven results on the bike already?

Dragginass likes this.
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Great news for MA.

Baz has a personality without coming off like a dickhead.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I dig Baz.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

Possible... but Xavi is fresh off the USA tracks and Dunlops. Baz, not so much.

Regardless, it'll be a good season.

Chazzz likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Xavi seems to want to live here and even started a business in Florida, from what I read. Too bad he couldn't parley that championship into another ride. Were there issues with him and the team?

Quicktoy and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It’s cool to have Baz back, I like him. But man it just feels weird for Xavi. I mean, it seemed like he felt he had a SBK ride if he won the SS championship with Warhorse if they had a 2nd bike.

And I don’t buy the age thing. Warhorse doesn’t seem to hold on to a Euro rider for more than a season, so what difference would it make if Xavi is older? Last year that dude just CRUSHED it for that team.

19. KneeDragger_c69

Agreed... Guess they couldn't come to a commun ground for a SBK ride.
    But by what I've been here about WarHorse... doesn't seem to be surprising.

Still funny that they seem to get along with Herrin. Out of all the racers on the MA circuit, he seems to be the blacksheep IMO.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I'm just another guy who doesn't know shit beyond what he reads on the beeb, RRW, etc. but IIRC all the Euro riders are just given to Warhorse by Ducati as part of their package for the machines, support, etc. I think Herrin is the only rider they've had that is actually their rider. The rest have been paid for and supplied by Duc. Hence why Petrucci had the guarantee of a WSBK ride in exchange for a MA championship (which he ended up getting regardless). Warhorse obviously couldn't offer that but Duc, as his employer at the time, could.