1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2024 | Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2023.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Its that Alex Arango led team posted about on here: 2 superbikes, 2 stock 1000's, ss, twin, and jr cup. I think its the new bmw team as the team shop that is behind it has a long and extensive partnership with Alpha. But you know, nothing has been 100% confirmed.

Word was Xavi was trying to get a ride with Wesby in sbk, that leads me to believe there will only be one superbike and they are leaning to Joshie. And given the repeated lies about running two superbikes for the past two years I dont believe Warhorse ever had the intention of running more than one superbike. But you know all a guess.

Namarow likes this.
  2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

That may be more the Ducati brass pushing that than Warhorse. They’d rather have another championship belt than a second place in SBK. JMO

henry_carlson likes this.
  3. 392

392 Well-Known Member

Fores will be on new team.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We can bet on whether the motoamerica video product will still have issues?:D

5. Namarow

Namarow Well-Known Member

Early days, but looks like we could have a deep and full field here!?

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Who will fill his seat?

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Rocco

8. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Mesa....

9. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

regularguy likes this.
  10. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

With the "speculation" of these new, or expanded, teams for 2024... we have only been thinking of riders... these teams need qualified mechanics, electronics, etc teams members to support a front running team.
    That may be harder than finding fast riders.

stk0308 and 418 like this.
  11. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

SDKs insta has him at BMW in Munich DE w motorcycles around. Did I miss a story here or is this hair fluff?

12. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Putting some rumors together about a new BMW team, maybe SDK and Xavi will be on the new BMW SBK team together?

prm and lopitt85 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Knowing him doesn't change being able to be unbiased with his interviews. I absolutely don't know what you're talking about because using even your complaintws they don't make sense, it's as if you're taking things and looking to be upset about them when objectively they mean absolutely nothing negative or positive.

koth442 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did I miss MA getting into being a sports book? The company they talk about distributes data best I can tell to the sports books so no change from the current ability to bet on MA.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Got to Vegas, find a bookie, there is betting on anything and always has been including MA. All this does is gather (and I guess sell) data for any books that want it.

Little lost as to why people think this will create gambling.

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Create gambling? No. Facilitate gambling and possibly encourage some new gamblers? Yes.

Robin172 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, but that isn't the reacvtion most are having to the release :crackup:

18. Knarf Legna

Well the company needs data from timing and scoring. If you've been at every round you know that T&S is rarely available on hot pit first thing on Friday, we've become accustomed to it not working. Granted that's due somewhat to track infrastructure but it would be great if it would be tested before anyone is on track. T&S has taken a dump many times during weekends as well, and that's the source of the data for betting.

For this to work those issues will need to be fixed unless bets are limited to finishes.

AC1108 likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When the PLL brought in an “official sports book” they got some sponsorship cash in exchange for the “official” and having some logos and such crap. Some people blew up because a large portion of the fan base are kids and it’ll encourage gambling and the usual shit.
    No idea on how much money if any the gambling site made but I wasn’t the target market.

Some People will drink. Some People will smoke. Some want to bet on things. Whatever.

If MA makes a few bucks in sponsorship off it I’m all for it.

20. Knarf Legna

Everyone still waiting for purse probably feels the same way.