1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. The Beer Hunter

The Beer Hunter Well-Known Member

$30k gets you a brand new well setup GSXR1000 with a decent spares package. Let's say $40k total to get a good spares package with that.
    ~$1.5k per weekend in tires so 15k. We are at 55k now.

Assuming you already have a trailer (as most of us do) that eliminates hotels. Also pull a Stefano mesa and have friends and family wrench. Are you telling me $45k isn't enough to cover everything else? You may not be able to compete with altus but you could run a full season on a well setup bike.

badmoon692008 and 5axis like this.
  2. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

The superbike is all in the electronics. Listen to Stamboli on the podcasts. They are always taking power out. The reason the superbikes are that much better than a SSTK is how they can manage tires. I think that the reason M4 cannot compete with Attack is electronic strategy vs. horse power. Budget may be a factor as well but the reality is they have had their ass handed to them for awhile. It will be interesting to see how the Ducati does.

evakat and noles19 like this.
  3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Electronics and the people to run the electronics is the big money

jd41, stk0308, koth442 and 6 others like this.
  4. The Beer Hunter

Then maybe simplified ECUs are the way to go.

backbone likes this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's a major part of the BSB package

jd41, stk0308, backbone and 3 others like this.
  6. 27

27 Well-Known Member

What’s missing is honesty and integrity. From the bottom to the top it’s usury and a hidden agenda in a purpose built business model that forces the same bullshit that dominates racing paddocks all over the world.

backbone and henry_carlson like this.
  7. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve been thinking of Supercross for a while in this whole discussion. Obviously, there is a lot of factory support at the top of both 450s and 250s, but they have a ton of privateers beating the shit out of each other trying to make the main each weekend.

Road racing is obviously significantly more expensive, but I wonder if there would be more participation from privateers it it was just Stock1000 as the top class. BSB seems to do well with little factory involvement, although it is obvious that the Brits have a larger appetite for road racing than the US does.

5axis and The Beer Hunter like this.
  8. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Kyle saw the $500k+ that HD is throwing towards contingency in the Bagger class and American Flat Track... I is chasing the money.

ajcjr likes this.
  9. daracing13

daracing13 Well-Known Member

I have been following this thread for 52 pages. There is a lot of wrong speculations but hey that’s what makes forums fun.
    There has been comments lately about how the SBK class is looking slim. I think some of you will be surprised when all the riders are announced. How about we try and talk about the sport we all love in a positive manner.
    Here is something for you guys to speculate on and debate, I am led to believe there is a new team entering the championship that is well funded with a couple of high profile riders.
    Im sharing this information for my own entertainment to see what theories you guys can come up with haha.

The Great One, Gino230, 418 and 10 others like this.
  10. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

This ^^^^^^^ and another that will be announced that will make yall think.... "whoa, where's that come from ? "

11. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Hayden Gillim and PJ Jacobsen on a reincarnated Yoshimura team running Fireblades.

CR750, Circacee, koth442 and 2 others like this.
  12. The Beer Hunter

Finger and Elias? Onnnnn Kawasaki's?

13. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Supposedly bmw is coming in with one or two bikes!

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Look, man, what you want to do to Elias is your business, but don’t bring that deviant shit into this respectable thread.

Circacee and Nick_OMC like this.
  15. The Beer Hunter

Bring back the dungeon!

Senna likes this.
  16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I agree $40k can get a rider a well setup STK1000 bike and some spares.

I don't agree that $45K can cover 10 rounds of racing around the country when you factor in all the costs like insurance, travel, fuel, paying even 1 mechanic/weekend, consumables, entry fee's, and so on.

I have seen set-up's in the past like Verderico having DA Racing cart his bikes to each round and letting him pit together/share support staff but I honestly have no idea how much Sam paid for such a service and it's a rarity.

I can't imagine many racers are lucky enough to have trained people willing to work for them for free all summer, let alone say what happened to Ashton Yates last year when he lost his A bike so had to run down to the local Honda dealer and buy a brand new Fireblade off the showroom floor to race that weekend. That's just a $20k bump in the budget alone.

@daracing13 - you're the best person to ask, is it feasible for a racer to think $100K covers them for a full 10 round season when all they have to start with is a Club Racing setup (warmers, generators, easy ups, gear, tools, etc...) and no bike? Assuming of course no other funds from sponsors or winnings as I'm assuming outside of Mesa there aren't many privateers getting TV time on a bare bones set up without a payroll that allows for a data guy, suspension guy, rider coach, massage therapist, trainer, yada yada.

The Beer Hunter and 27 like this.
  17. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Your not running a top 5 stock team on 100k a year.
    Ive been a part of a few teams that spent 200k in Supersport for a full season and could of easily spent more.

henry_carlson likes this.
  18. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Please give us a well funded Kawi superbike team. Thanks!

Trainwreck, ajcjr and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That's exactly where I went... Graves back in the paddock would be cool

20. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Disagree. Did you not see the top 5 sstk guys last season?