1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2022 | Round 3 | Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta | Braselton | April 22 - 24

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Apr 22, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What was he doing at apple? Congratulations to both of you on the weekend at road Atlanta

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I was thinking along those lines as well.

TurboBlew likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sorry, I missed Cody being penalized.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good lord people are still so weird about a class name. There is no difference between the old 25 rule and a new 28 rule. It is not and never has been solely a kids class. It's a cheaper class that fills time while the premier class(es) aren't on track.

People really need to get over the name being junior and any preconceived notions about how it's all for the good of the chilluns and sill shit. This is professional racing, it is about putting on a show for spectators, nothing more, nothing less. Anything coming out of it other than that is a bonus.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you can beat racers like Kayla or Max or Gus or any of the front runners in that class you ain't picking shit. To say otherwise is an insult to them and their abilities.

yuengling910, tl1098 and Sudowoodo like this.
  6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'd like to see somebody try to outbrake Kayla into 10 at Road Atlanta on the same bike. :D

Boom, iomfan, badmoon692008 and 2 others like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

WTF, we’re 2-up racing now? :D

8. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Kind of agree and disagree. I can assure you there are a ton of kids who would love to join the MA grid. However the series has somewhat crept into the side of high dollar spend to crack into the top ten. When parents / racers start looking at the true cost of being on equal footing it turns into a game of where you send your engine to get it "massaged".

Yes, I know racing is expensive. Yes, I know this is the game for EVERY class. But, now you are seeing racers not doing a second year or even trying at all. Hence why you are seeing grid size dwindling and a movement back to club. Not to take ANYTHING away from this years riders, but appears JR Cup is a correct place for that field as they are running two seconds off the the pace (Compare Road Atlanta) from two years ago. The series has truly developed some phenomenal talent and prepared riders for the next level. Good stuff!

Hopefully MA gets ahold of the class and figures out some type of competitive balance. Or I foresee dwindling grids.

Oh, and Mongo I'm not taking away ANYTHING from those spectacular racers you mentioned. However, if Hayden had Cody's bike I bet she could dice up with the best of them! :D:p:cool:

Monsterdood likes this.
  9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is because it is a pro series. I would much prefer to see kids doing club racing until they are in a position, both experience and monetarily, to get into a professional series in a sustainable way. You have said that you are not in the Jr. Cup series with your kids due to cost, etc. That is responsible parenting and a good business decision. Perhaps others should consider the same.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm still trying to figure out when professional racing was supposed to be cheap, there are some truly delusional people out there :crackup:

11. FastByKids

Anyone else read anything in this thread about someone saying professional racing was to be cheap?

:whoosh:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, try reading your own posts whining about the costs among many many others.

13. FastByKids

Yes Mongo, you are right.

In a stalker creepy kind of way.

14. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out when club racing was supposed to be cheap. Shit my fuel bill for the last "regional" weekend as $600.

E Reed likes this.
  15. FastByKids

Uhm, Stop towing a house behind you, :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't even realize it's you I'm responding to until you get overly ridiculous so don't overthink it all... I don't look at names the vast majority of the time, just the posts.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly.

18. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

You're clearly indicating that you think it should be cheaper because you said that your child would be competitive if they had the same bike as someone else. But you choose not to spend the money for a bike that would run in the top 10 within the current rules.

You're implying that the reason that these riders did well is because of their bike advantage. I'd say that's taking something away from them regardless of the emojis that you put at the end of your statement.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. FastByKids

If you don't know then you don't know.

I refuse to pull a 100% stock engine to send out somewhere to be equal in a "stock" class. That's my financial choice, and the ONLY reason we aren't in Jr Cup. Call it cheap or me cheap, don't really care,

If other do then so be it. We have nothing to prove as we have been very competitive against some of those riders in other series / classes.

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Whoever needs to hear it... an engine build isn’t keeping anyone from showing their talent in any class. A good engine builder these days aren’t getting a 5% gain in power.

Making excuses before even gridding up is just that. Telling kids they can’t compete because they don’t have this or that is bullshit and detrimental to their entire mindset and or career if they ever have one.

In my opinion of course, and I have worked with many many riders. This includes the youngest ever AMA road racing champ and the oldest returning AMA Superbike champ, and nearly every combination in between.