1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | 2022 | Round 3 | Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta | Braselton | April 22 - 24

Discussion in 'General' started by henry_carlson, Apr 22, 2022.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

This rule infraction “controversy” has more leg than when Rossi punted MM in Sepang 2015

Gino230 and henry_carlson like this.
  2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So if you are side by side with another rider on the straight and the other rider brakes first did you pass them?

3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Reported

dieterly likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I wish they would have said:

“No one in the lead group exercised any visible caution and many of them were passing each other, therefore all of the lead group are docked 3 seconds and the order at the finish line stands. In addition, we will use this event as a case study to evaluate any potential improvements to our yellow flag rules, procedures, and penalties. We prioritize safety and fair competition and believe this decision aligns with those priorities and is within the allowances of the existing rules.”
    …. I feel like that would have been cool :flag:

7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Forever known as "The Tavulian Kick of the Gods"

motion likes this.
  8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I was testing you, those exact words were said by Argano to Kevin Rodio when he asked if we could see the video that would clearly show the passes. It was a simple request, and it was not rude at all. No team representative was rude, everyone was respectful. I'm not related to any Jr Cup racer and neither is George Nassaney so the "race dad" line won't work. David Yaakov, George and Bob Wyman were pretty quiet during the meeting.

Argano came out of the box trying to intimidate, before any team member uttered a word he barked that the decision could not be protested. He is one of the last holdovers from the DMG days, and he's long had a history of being a jerk. Remember his radio call about "the Chris Ulrich rule" years ago?

Argano doesn't have the temperament for an official. I'm not alone in that belief, I've had numerous communications from team owners and crew members in the paddock who feel the same way. This is our national series, officials should not and must not act like Argano, it degrades the series and makes everyone look bad.

Michael Martin and Ken Sailant were both professional and respectful, no one has any issues with either.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  9. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I have known Dan Argano for quite a long time. He is a very stable man. If he was rude I find that hard to believe. It’s a shame today when people are informed about an issue and they don’t like the answer they interpret it as being rude. I think Everyone should just move on like Kayla has.

10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

i feel yah, i have no reason not to believe you. i have never met him and appreciate your insight. some parents in motoamerica wild out tho so i gotta ask. so lets say arango is a problem.. what now? i guess talking with medallia on your experience wont go very far

11. Knarf Legna

Jim, you weren't there, if you were your opinion may be different. I know what professional behavior is, it was exhibited by Michael Martin and Ken Sailant. Not by Dan Argano. I know what antagonistic behavior is and I would never make such an observation of if it didn't happen. I'm able to separate the decision from the treatment of the teams, they are completely different issues. One has nothing to do with the other. And I'm not the only team representative at the meeting that feels that way, everyone saw it and felt it.

tophyr, ToofPic and 27 like this.
  12. Knarf Legna

I guess we will see. There are a few things that have happened and also things in the discussion stage as a result of the mess that I won't talk about in a public forum, if they become news I'm sure it will be a topic here.

henry_carlson likes this.
  13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

So…. did I miss the part where Autoparts4less.. disappeared?

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  14. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

lol I noticed on everyone’s shirts and leathers the auto parts logos. Do you think MA will pay for the replacements?

15. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I can see your point of view and I just never seen that side of Dan.

16. Knarf Legna

A bit more real estate on everyone's bodywork has become available.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Stanboli had some choice words about them... (whom lever thet are) Apparently their req logo was covering actual paying sponsors on each team

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No, but multiple rolls of duct tape in various colors will be available at tech during the next two rounds.

Suzuka_joe, TurboBlew and GNC like this.
  19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Why would you question what happened when you weren't there and then speculate about the people's behavior that were there when you have no evidence or even reports that there was any hostility at that meeting on the part of the team representatives? That is how unfounded rumors start and is less than helpful in this situation. You know better than that!

20. G 97

G 97 Garth