1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | Road Atlanta | April 30-May 2

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 23, 2021.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Sounded pretty mature when he got beat at Daytona

Senna and Yzasserina like this.
  2. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

"Now for the bad;
    Robbi Floyd is a detriment to the overall enjoyment of the weekend of racing and this issue is squarely on the shoulders of MA management. They should unceremoniously dump his ass, although a public firing would help them recover their image, put Michael Hill in the box with Roger and put Jamie Howe back in the pits like last year. Good God, Robbi just sucks."

I heard this dude guest commenting on a Moto GP live race, years ago, First impression (not recognizing his voice) was damn, this dude knows his shit and is killing the commentary, they should hire him. Unfortunately he only did the one day, due to injury and missing the GP.
    Dude was.........Spies

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

BS. Money talks. If they took the money they are spending on Robbie Floyd they could up Jamie Howe's pay and keep her. Or, they could get anybody else off the streets that has an interest in motorcycle racing and has some respect for Roger and put them in the box. I would suck at it, but not as bad as Robbi.

I forgot another downside from last weeks races. What is up with Schiebe racing? Are they still trying to use the same 3 year old motorcycle that Gagne and Herrin struggled with? I am sure they got Barbera cheap since he has not set the world on fire since his 250 days and he is looking for anything that might get him back in the show, but there are other racers running the new BMW and doing well. Why can't/won't Schiebe get it together? ( and don't tell me it is money, a new bike is only a small fraction of the cost to do a full MA effort)

R1Racer99 likes this.
  4. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They still have the old bike.
    I dont know where I heard, but they were waiting on a new M1000RR.

I guess the bike itself is not the expensive part, building it to superbike would be.

418 and henry_carlson like this.
  5. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Agreed

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Hire Ryan Rawls. That dude is a wealth of motorcycle road racing knowledge, well spoken and a complete 110% advocate for the sport. Bump Jamie into the booth like you said and have Ryan running around down in the pits interviewing people.

cpettit and Triple X like this.
  7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I was pretty surprised at the power of the Honda. Haven't seen the big red machine moving like that in a while. Great job Geoff! just an unlucky day.

418 and jksoft like this.
  8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Geoff put that bike on the podium w/o traction control, which is nuts. I very much want to see what he can do w/ a fully functioning bike.

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Spies is great in the booth for sure

10. grasshopper

"The Ben" has spoken. LOL :bow:

11. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Honestly...we’d (well most of us) miss over half of what he said...but I’d rather spend my weekend trying to decipher what Guy Martin was mumbling about than having to hear anymore of Floyd’s bs...

grasshopper, 5axis and RRP like this.
  12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That was in my draft- yes I'm serious. He thought he was going to blow by me exiting 7 but he didn't get past until the 3 marker in 10A. They're fast but not ridiculously so- Right now they are pretty much SS legal motor wise. I believe @SPATT said he has some cam blanks that just arrived....

I raced with Chris Evans on his Aprilia most of the weekend, he's dealing with some electronics issues (shifting, etc) and they were overheating badly on Sunday. His mechanic mentioned something to me about already having to fix bent valves- I know they have a valve shim recall going on. No idea how the Robem bikes ran.

My FZ was running great- we finally got the intake setup squared away and a proper tune before Laguna. At Laguna I made a big step forward in Chassis setup and found a great baseline. P1 at Road Atlanta I set a new PB, and went significantly faster each session after that. Sunday I went backwards by .5 sec or so, mostly mental. I was 2 full seconds faster than last year on Saturday, and I started to feel some feedback I had never felt before. Later I found out by watching video that it was probably track related (bumps, etc). I was tired, and wussing out going into T1 in race 2 right after that big mess- they did a damn good job on the cleanup and I couldn't' see where the incident had been- then I saw Joe Melendez run off there and it made me a little timid for the rest of the race.

The pack from 12th place on down was pretty close, we were all running similar times on Sunday. Saturday 14th to 20th was the same way. So I'm getting close to fighting my way up for a real championship point! (I don't count the ones I got in NJ in the rain 2 years ago). The FZ takes some getting used to, but the motor is damn fast, and even though it's no SV chassis wise, there are no more bike excuses! Looking forward to VIR!

Looks like Teagg will be selling the SV, Suzuki pulled the plug on contingency. I think this is why stock 1000 will be so hotly contested this year- Kawi pays!!

ToofPic, TLR67, exracer941 and 13 others like this.
  13. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Oh it'll be back!

14. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

+1 jamie howe

15. noles19

What's teagg going to?

16. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

What’s your email? :D

Attached Files:

17. Escelante seemed to be struggling with rear grip to the point you could here the thing spinning all the way up coming out of 10. SDK’s bike seemed to be on rails.

18. grasshopper

Lewis and Lewis. Next round they need to have D. Lewis and J. Lewis on the board.

TLR67 and alan like this.
  19. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Right now him and his dad show up with a pickup truck with the SV in the back. They pit with another team. True privateer style. I hope he is able to put together something, because he's obviously a talent and a great kid.

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. noles19

With as good as that sv is I don't think I'd change for contingency money, does anyone pay in twins right now?