1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto2...Marquez.

Discussion in 'General' started by roxychic46, Apr 10, 2012.

1. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

I watched the Moto2 race again today. Is it me, or is Marquez quite dangerous? There were a couple of incidences where he drifted into another rider down the front straight. I would think the officials will need to keep a close eye on him, before something bad is going to happen. The move on the last lap in T1 was Bs. He stated he lost grip in the rear tire causing him to drift over. WTF?

2. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

quite dangerous? no. a little iffy? maybe.

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

The door slamming on the last lap was a dirty move for sure. but I didnt see any others that really stood out.

4. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

I thought I remember the announcers saying something to the effect of using any pass by Ianonne as an example of hard racing moves.

It's a tight bunch of talent in that field.

5. Blu Flag

Blu Flag Well-Known Member

6. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

No. Looked like close, hard racing to me.

7. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

On the final lap when he pushed Ianone out wide it looked like a smart move, he didn't cut his front tire off nor did he push him off the track. It looked like he gave him 2 options, brake harder and lose drive out of the turn or try and late brake and risk running wide. It definitely didn't look to be malicious just hard racing!

8. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

^That was my impression too. Luthi bet he could outbreak Marquez and he was wrong. I didn't see anything malicious about it. Calculated, maybe. Seemed very tame compared to what Sic used to pull on Bautista in the 250s.

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Luthi coulda rolled off. I thought the pass was okay. Maybe I need to see the replay again.

Edit: I just watched the replay on YouTube. I think it was more of a racing incident rather than an intentional dirty move...and barely even that.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  10. roxychic46

Earlier in the race he did what Herrin did at Daytona a couple times done the straight, I'm surprised the two didn't crash. It was around half way of the race.

11. roxychic46

Earlier in the race he did what Herrin did at Daytona a couple times done the straight, I'm surprised the two didn't crash. It was around half way of the race. I mention this because when you watch the MotoGp guys, they didn't drift like he did...nor did anyone else for that matter.

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

As I recall it Luthi was already as deep as he was comfortable on the brakes. Cant roll off when you are already limit braking :Poke:, and Marquez out broke him but then "swooped" into Luthi pushing him onto the curbing and then some. Looked pretty damn dirty to me.

Id have to watch it again though. Only watched it once and then the replay

Edit.... wait, was it luthi or ianoni? I am talking about the braking into T1,pushing the guy up onto the curbing and him having to run wide and off to avoid crashing.

13. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

14. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I had previously stated that it was a dirty move. I've watched the pass over many times now. It seems that Marquez did intintionaly move over on Luthi. He started his move right at the braking point. They both didn't start breaking until right when Marquez moved over. At this point Luthi had no where to go. What would have been the smart thing? I guess for Luthi to conced the position because there are plenty of places to pass(hard) on that circuit. He could have rolled off a bit and realigned himself for the last lap. Luthi lost out for being a racer and Marquez won for being one.

15. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I agree. I hope the race director had a talk with him...

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

17. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Marquez on Luthi = dirty move.
    Marquez coming across Iannone's front wheel down the straight = dirty move.

Both offenses should get his ass kicked. Penalized? Eh. I don't think it's a coincidence that Marquez seems to hold a big advantage down the front straight in sheer speed and uses this opportunity to mess with his competitors.

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Dirty?? Nah
    Aggressive?? Sure

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

As per Neil Spalding's Twitter : Both riders received reprimands, MM for his move during the race and TL for his slap in the cool down. Play nice now.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:stupid: