1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto2 bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Sean, for the near future (until if/when they become common enough in the States to warrant a Moto2 class), would you consider allowing Moto2 race bikes in C-SB and B-SB?

It is a formula that can work, as shown by the Moto2 bike BSB allowed to race in the Supersport class.

As it is now, the only class we have where a Moto2 bike is legal is F1, because the cutoff for F2 is 565cc.

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I've seen the Taylormade Moto2 bike race in A SBK as well, iirc.

I rly hope used chassis get a lot cheaper after 2018

Jay305 likes this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

How many moto2 bike in NA?

12?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Maybe.

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Mindewe,in principle, you only need two....

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Those things lap faster than Moto America SBKs. I see no reason to bend the rules. The other big org is total cluster fuck because they bend the rules for special bikes.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Mongo's being cryptic. His Maybe response could be to the question of 12 Moto 2 bikes in North America or Brooms question if they will be allowed in more classes.

Nicely played.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Cryptic? I assumed he's completely ignoring Ritalin Racer's question.

Shenanigans likes this.
  10. Not entirely accurate, or in context.

The Championship contenders in Moto2 are sometimes able to lap as fast as some of the riders in MA SBK, depending on the track. But we are talking about some of the best riders in the World who can extract every ounce of performance out of a GP bike.

However, that doesn't apply to "us". Neither myself nor anyone else racing in WERA is capable of battling with the front runners in Moto2.

I don't know why you are so passionate about keeping a cool bike out of more WERA classes. I can't see many people, if anyone, spending that kind of money on a bike that is only legal for 1 class...and in that class it has to race against 200hp Superbikes.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yes but is that more the rider or the bike? If you took your typical Moto2 rider who is doing the lapping and put them on a SBK what would the lap times then be?

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Is the Moto 2 race rubber some secret squirrel shit or can anyone buy it?

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Can you get everything out of a SS600? If not(so if you're not as fast as top MA 600 guys), then is there really any point in a GP600?

StaccatoFan likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't write class rules based on riders. I write them based on what the bike(s) can do in the hands of a fast rider.

regularguy likes this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not sure, I've seen random Moto2 Dunlop slicks show up on US shores once in a blue moon. Not sure what it took for them to get here or if they were lifted during the USGP round.

Why?

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Even if you could get one and then race it, why?

The chassis is essentially unobtanium the moment it stops being used in the World Championship, right? It's not like Kalex/Suter/Tech3/etc. is going to provide you with a replacement the moment you wad it......

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Corrected it for you...

18. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I was under the understanding that mere mortals could not figure out the electronic package.

fastfreddie likes this.
  19. BTW - it isn't "bending" the rules per SE. It is making modifications to existing rules to accommodate new machines that come on the market. That is something that has to be done in every racing organization worldwide, all the time, as new machines become available.

20. I don't have a habit of "wadding bikes up". At one point I had a 5 year span with only 1 crash. But regardless, that is the chance we take with anything.

As far as the question "why?"....the answer is "because I want to". No further explanation is required.

jkraft likes this.