1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America | Dynapac Superbikes | The Ridge Motorsports PRK | JUN 24-26

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I meant for a wild card not for a season. Stamboli has said on Dustin Coyners "ask the professor" series, at least a couple times, they want to do a wildcard race later this year in WSBK.

cav115 likes this.
  2. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

id love to see what Rocco could do on those factory supported bikes. what a ride from the wolf

edit: i saw that he had a wesby sticker on his crew members shirt. wonder how much support they are providing

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
  3. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

If I heard correctly yesterday he is riding the most factory supported Yamaha in the SS grid. From observation he might have a focus issue at the beginning of races. (Opinion) He got sucked into a few battles that had him running 5th before he settled down and broke away from the pack. But Herrin was gone by then. I’ve watched him do that a few races this year.

Boman Forklift and henry_carlson like this.
  4. FastByKids

Yes, I did have a chuckle.

Sounds like we have a no BS “heavy hitter” trying to keep everyone honest in MA now which is a good think.

Last year when the kids were getting licensed at Willow we had a very highly respected Moto journalist talking to the kids. His opinion was the 600 was the path instead of wasting to much time on 400’s and SV’s.

Kind of put a lump in my throat trying to make sense of it. Then you here Hayes talk about certain bad habits. We follow a American ripper in Spain that basically trains on pit bikes and races 600’s very successfully.

Hayden whom is my “Marquez” of the family had this huge grin on her face: “Yea dad, when are you going to get me a 600.”

When you dig around the orgs, track days most won’t even let kids do 600’s until 16/17.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Before, or after he whips another girlfriend's face to a pulp?

Suzuka_joe likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

jeezus I had no idea. F$ck him.

7. What is he ever doing?

Knotcher and henry_carlson like this.
  8. With two diesel powered compressors powering it :) ya know it’s bad when you can see daylight at full speed.

Britt likes this.
  9. Boman Forklift

Which factory supported bikes are there in the MA 600 class? The M4 bikes? Other than M4 I would think he has as much support as any other team and since he has done so well in the smaller classes and likely more. His dad is a sharp guy.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. henry_carlson

m4 and warhorse were the two i was thinking of

Boman Forklift likes this.
  11. backbone

backbone scarred for life

12. Boman Forklift

Out here Ty rode a 600 at 15. WERA would let 12 years and up if they were experienced. WERA was the best thing out there, when we were coming up, for letting kids run big tracks, with out getting jerked around. AFM in N Cal was horrible, lots of hoops to jump through, and maybe's etc. which is hard to plan for. WSMC was 14 for even a 125. I kept him on 125’s for 3 years and he was able to consistently get podiums with many wins that last year. So the SV was bought to run at the same time as the 125 that last year, I wanted him to get used to the extra weight without all that horsepower.

Our SV made 80hp at the rear wheel which is about the same as the 89 FZR600 I raced in 90-92. That’s plenty of HP to scare the shit out of yourself. I came from "fast" dragbike’s before moving to road racing and took a California Superbike School with my dad at Mid Ohio on old 550's or Ninja 600's back somewhere between 86-88. I realized very quickly it was plenty of power to get hurt and was a lot more fun than drag racing.

I'm not sure what Josh said as I wasn't there, but even when we were running, some parents were putting kids on ninja 250s instead of the 125 2 strokes, because it is a heck of a lot easier on dad the mechanic and much less money. We were lucky enough to still catch the end of lots of kids on 125's, and many thought that Ninja 250's were a bad idea for kids development?

I will say you have to decide if you or Hayden is running your race program. Tyler absolutely DID NOT want to do the SV and wanted to go straight to a 600 like many of his friends when they moved up from 125's. He was 15, yet he was friends/piers with kids that had been on 600's since they were 12ish, but most of those kids started racing much younger so they already had their few years on a 125. Too much power/speed messes up your learning process, in my opinion.

I remember Dane Westby ran a SV before 600's and thought it was a good idea. John Ulrich thought it was a good idea. Tige thought the SV was a good idea. After a couple months Tyler thought the SV was a good idea too, especially when he jumped up to the 600 and was instantly competitive.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    cav115 and Gino230 like this.
  13. henry_carlson

hes out today :/

418 likes this.
  14. henry_carlson

mike on the mic is hilarious today, found and returned someone's wallet and phone hahah

15. henry_carlson

another ducati ss team in the works? thatd be cool

16. henry_carlson

one for @Dave K - eraldo trying to explain that danilo is asleep and not to go wake him
    • eral.JPG

17. ryanizer

ryanizer Well-Known Member

Does #55 in JRC still need to be torn down?

18. FastByKids

Man, I hate seeing stuff like that. :oops:

19. FastByKids

Phew, Twins Cup did not diss appoint!

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Go Kayla!!!!

cav115 and MELK-MAN like this.