1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More NASCAR oddities

Discussion in 'General' started by Rat, May 3, 2002.

1. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

OK. I know that I'll probably catch a lot of sh*t for saying anything negative about NASCAR, but are these guys real?

http://espn.go.com/rpm/wc/2002/0503/1377510.html

I have no problem with remembering a person but black stripes under the left headlight? Crew members with black stripes under their left eye?

2. 130Gunner

130Gunner Well-Known Member

If this is the place to catch sh*t for downtalking NASCAR....

I have no comment. :D

3. Rich Around

Rich Around Well-Known Member

these nascar guys are about as screwed up as a can of worms,it's like a bunch of first graders, no lick of sence at all. they are trying to be so mainstream it's not even funny. who cares about this rapp chick. hundreds of good, nice people die in auto accidents all over the u.s every friggin day. this just shows what a bunch of goddamn morons these "car racers" really are. f... em all.

4. sausageboy

sausageboy Well-Known Member

Maybe this has been said before but I look at NASCAR as the "Professional Wrestling" of the motorsports world. The only redeeming parts are the two road coarses they run each year. I don't even know if they still run those but they are fun to watch.

5. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Rich Around, I guess you have never had anybody close to you die. It is always good to honor somebodys death. Some get honored more than others, hence this rap chick as you call her. Her name was............... well, after a comment like that, maybe its best you didn't know her name.

6. RobeyRacer

RobeyRacer Well-Known Member

OK...am I missing something. What is your problem with how someone, even a nascar team, wants to show their rememberence and sympathy for someone else??

7. eddiek

eddiek extreme enterprises

reasoning

the reason they did that was because after lisa lopez died they put her autopsy pictures on the internet.theresa earnhart felt really bad for the family,and out of respect,had the team wear the stripes.nascar may suck,but the people are pretty good don't you think?

8. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

The whole thing sounds a bit self-serving and less than genuine to me. And I think the idea of black stripes under the headlight and crew member's eyes is just plain silly. Is it just me or does NASCAR have a morbid fascination with death? (The whole #3 thing, stickers on everyone's car with dead people's numbers, Lisa Lopes, etc.)

9. RobeyRacer

Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

So, I guess its self serving for police officers to put black tape accross their badges, or professional athletes to where someone's initials or numbers on their jerseys.

They felt for the family of Lisa Lopez because they felt a commoness (Lisa'a autopsy pictures found on the internet), and wanted to show it openly. it was her trademark.

I can't understand the criticism. They took nothing away from anyone. They did not charge anyone to look at it. I ave not heard one driver or crew member that said that it was distracting. Did you even watch the race. Chances are you found out like I did, throuhg the media somehow

I just think this is a case of getting all worked up over nothing. They wanted to make a public point and show their support for the family over the pictures. The family appreciated it, and that's what counts.:) ;)

10. racermojo

racermojo New Member

i dont think there is anything wrong with remembering someone no matter how you do it black stripe armband whatever dale jr. had some sympathy for the photos being put out for everyone to see and he got a few guys to do it with them so what dont watch :p the only good thing about the races is when that harvick guy goes crazy and rams sombody

11. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

Whatever.

12. RobeyRacer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

WOW...I can see there was a lot of thought behing that rebuttal :p

13. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

It isn't worth a rebuttal. What do you want? An argument over whether NASCAR is an over-hyped, excessively melodramatic, repetitive motorsports version of the WWF? That argument has been beat to death. I think NASCAR sucks and clearly you don't. We disagree. WHATEVER. Move on.

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

Ummm....he wasn't giving props to Nascar and you need to chill. Also, notice the smilies that most people put in their posts....

15. RobeyRacer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More NASCAR oddities

Man dude, CHILL!!! It's the BBS, not some political arena. How many smiles do I have to put in my post to get you to understand that its not that big a deal :cool:

16. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

My bad. Sorry. I'm slapping myself on the wrist as I type. :( :( :) :) :)

17. RobeyRacer

No prob ;) :D