1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo - WERA Radio @ RRR ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shannon Huffman, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Will the FM broadcast system be functional this weekend at RRR ? Just wondering ..... If so, have you decided on a frequency ?

2. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

will this be at summit this weekend?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, we only have one and it's going with me to Summit...I think.

88.1 seems to work pretty good at most tracks.

4. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

do you keep that thing on all night, and broadcast some good tunes, or is it just race time only???? Wondering if on my way in thursday night, i could tune to 88.1 and hear something interesting...

5. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

MAN!! I'm off the air already??? :mad: What's up with that?? :D
    I didn't really think about the transmitter not being at RRR, but on the other hand, I'm not real sure that Richard would even let us hook it up to the PA like we did at NFMP. This way the announcements would go out over the PA and the FM without having to use two different mics.
    Fortunately, the PA at RRR is not that bad. I didn't say it was great, but it's better than most.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I didn't think he'd be real open to something like technology so I figured Summit would be better.

It'll be real fun trying to convince Mickey at CMP...

Zeb - only during the race day, too busy either drinking or sleeping in the off hours to play DJ - although it would be fun at some point to play with (Maybe the GNF or something).

7. MR-MICROPHONE

All I would have to do is plug my FM radio into one of the inputs on the amp like I did at NFMP. The FM transmitter and the WERA remote could be set up anywhere like we did a couple of weeks ago. :cool:

I guess at CMP I would have to just turn the mic on and put the FM radio in front of it. :D Too much noise in the trailer for that I'm sure. :rolleyes: Maybe we can sweet talk Mickey. I hate being on that mic leash at any track. ;)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, now that we can have you anywhere on any radio I guess it's time to invest in that remote control shock collar I've been looking at for you...

Color preference? I'm thinking black studded to go with the new look :D

For CMP, assuming I'll be there, I'll talk to Mickey too and see if I can splain to him that it won't blow his amp since it's a line input not a mic input (I'm guessing someone hooked things up wrong before putting a line out to a mic in or vice versa).

9. MR-MICROPHONE

Don't tease me big boy!! :D

Can I get a matching belt as well? ;) :cool:

Yeah, I think the CMP thing was someone did something wrong in the hookup..........BUT THREE TIMES??? :eek:
    I'm surprised the one they have now hasn't overheated in that cabinet.

10. MR-MICROPHONE

Okay, I gotta go home. Still at the office like a dummy. :eek:
    I really need a puter at home don't I??

talk to ya later!!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure you can get a matching belt! In the meantime hope you like your new avatar (assuming my modification of your profile worked...) :D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woohoo! It worked :D

13. MR-MICROPHONE

LOL!!! :D That's funny!! And yes, I do like!! Thanks!
    I never have known how to put the avatar on here.

Now I am complete. :D