1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mongo! They stole my ride!

Discussion in 'General' started by 13x, Jun 15, 2004.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

Rode down to Georgetown (Washington, DC) today for a couple of hours. Walked back to the m/c parking meters and my bike was gone. :(

02 DRz 400 S
    MD 786D86
    VIN JS1SK43A222100052
    17" wheels, renthals, clark tank, Walt Schaefer hand cut Michelins, Drew Smith suspension... *sniff*

http://www.13x.net/pictures/Other/04-06-14 StolenDrz/index.html

2. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

that sucks, and you'd think the G'town area was a "little" beter than most of the DC area. I hope you get it back although I bet the frame is at the bottom of the Potomac :(

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nah man, I've heard of groups going over to G town with the specific intent to steal. The pickings of high priced cars/ bikes/ SUVs is pretty plentiful there.

I'll keep my eye out for the bike.

4. 13x

13x 13x.com

I should have known better. Sam's bike was nicked there a few years back.

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I was just gonna ask about Sam's bike being stolen in the same area.

That sucks.

I caught some guys playing with my bike a few years back while I was parked overnight at a friend's house. They said they were just looking at it........................and one of the kids was holding a wire cutter.

I usually don't condone violence. This was back in the ole partying days and full of liquid courage I beat their asses. Don't regret it one bit. Bike thieves are scum.

6. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Aw, Jim, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

You know, when you park a race bike in the pits, you don't have to worry that it will get stolen.... hint, hint. ;) (Yeah, I miss seeing you at the track.)

7. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

didn't they get their race bike taken at Road A a few years back??

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yep, several years ago when I believe they were running Yamahas. It was crashed at the time too.

9. 13x

13x 13x.com

Dammit! Did you have to bring that up? Sam and Tim had almost forgotten. :)
    That was the last time I went to the track with a team bike w/o the team.

And Beth, I miss it. Believe me I miss it. I was hoping they wouldn't do so well without me. ;)

Jim