1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Accomplished

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by randomwalker, Sep 12, 2011.

1. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

I competed in my first two races at Barber yesterday, with my green Ed Bargy Provisional Novice T-shirt. I had a blast. After my first race, in which I placed dead last, I went back to my trailer and pumped my fists in the air. Mission accomplished! In my second race I got passed at the start by three racers, even before T1. But I slowly reeled them back in and finished 31 out of 42 or so racers. Didn't realize how important it is to launch properly. My third race got cancelled because of the rain-delay. All the race officials including the corner workers were super helpful and friendly. All the other seasoned racers for whom I had newbie questions were super helpful as well. Some of the guys actually clapped as I pitted out after my first race...that was great and very encouraging. I want more.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like we didn't meet this weekend, which is a good thing ;)

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Congrats!

4. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

Someone was taking pictures. Any idea where the pics. are posted?

5. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

6. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Lori of Stop or I'll Shoot was there
    believe Photo Al was there (don't know a link for him)

7. 1000RR

1000RR 3D Racing

Awesome A.! Great job getting out there!!

8. trancework

trancework It's always now...

Sweet!!!! Congrats, look forward to seeing you out there.