1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing the SuperPrestigio...

Discussion in 'General' started by IL8APEX, Dec 31, 2023.

1. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

For those of us with our eyes glued to the motorcycle news coming out of Europe there is a relative quiet after the MotoGP post-Season testing dies down and before the Dakar begins. For a short while this quiet was filled by the excitement of the SuperPrestigio!

[​IMG]

It was fun while it lasted... From the news about the entry list, the major riders from all disciplines, and especially the live webcast!

When you talk about accessibility, this is the kind of thing that should have taken off in the US. Why it hasn't is completely beyond me.

Heck, the San Jose Indoor doesn't even run any more, does it?

*sigh* I guess I'll just go read some more SuperCross 2024 season previews and wait for my YouTube notifications to light up about Dakar coverage!

-T

G2G, noles19, backbone and 2 others like this.
  2. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

I'm with you, really liked the whole format. The show, the hype and especially the racing.
    Can't recall what year it was, but it was tried here in the US. It was at the Cow Palace in thr SF Bay area. Lots of roadrace guys showed up. I want to say JD Beach and Brad Baker were the class of the field.
    I'll look for pics on my laptop when I remember to.

Edit:

Found a YT link of the race. It was Las Vegas not SF. Guess I've hit my head too many times. Good time.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    backbone and IL8APEX like this.