1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini racing closest to Richmond, VA?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by tett, Nov 17, 2019.

1. tett

tett Well-Known Member

Hi folks,
    Anyone know a place to run minis close to Richmond? I want to go to an event and see what folks are running. Thanks,
    Jim

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

VIR isnt too far. Im pretty sure some guys run in MD somewhere. NJMP has an active series too... just more of a haul and tolls.

3. tett

tett Well-Known Member

VIR is closest to me. I saw unitedminimoto in the thread down the page, which is a few hours away (near Baltimore according to the thread). I was thinking surely there is a group in the Richmond area?

4. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

VIR has at least one race a year with Supermot East Coast and the rest are just open practice days. Look them up on Facebook (VIR Supermoto). A guy named Patrick runs them and there's only certain days they're open to bikes.

There's also Carolina Motorsports Park as well. I'm not sure how close that is to you though. Look them up on facebook as well. Someone rents out the track and you prepay to ride on select days. Also, the Florida GP guys race there now

5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I run the stuff at CMP for the track days for supermoto, the Facebook group is in my bio and o can answer any questions

6. tett

tett Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. CMP looks awesome, though it's about 6 hours away. VIR is right at 2.5. I thought there may be a place running near Richmond, but it looks like perhaps the market isn't big enough. Looks like I'll be making some field trips. Thanks for the info. Noles19, hats off to you for organizing all of that. Admin and logistics makes me want to cuss.