1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by dsapsis, May 5, 2009.

1. nad 711

nad 711 Well-Known Member

I paid 30$ Thursday afternnon directly to them... I wish they gave it back to you?
    Miller was awesome track and facilities...
    Seriously, if we want to continue to have access to amazing tracks like that and racing, we need to make an effort to attend them... That was not many racers there??? Wera probably lost a bunch of money this week-end and we will ask after that why they increase the price one day...

I wish to be there next year again... and the rain too... :)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They did give us the gate fees for those who paid it and we appreciate it!

I'm not sure what to do next year. Maybe run the East course only or something like that. We'll let it settle down and look at it.

3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

thunderhill :)

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Not quite the facilities of Miller tho :)

On your gate fee thing - I'll get a beer from you some year :D

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

it is actually pretty good, no fancy garages that is all. at least turn out should be good. little longer drive for east coast teams but local market is huge.

6. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

I think quite a few teams would show from all over Cali to do a T-hill enduro. I know we would.
    Thanks for holding an event at Miller. I would do it all over again! Oh and I paid gate fees!:up:

7. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

I'm not sure how much overlap there is, but an AFM event conflicted this weekend.

Full 4.5 mile course, 24-hour endurance race.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is some overlap for sure but we were both stuck with our dates.

Running the full course does not help on decreasing the track rental from 50k to something we could afford.

9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I vote for the West course. I was a little slow through portions of the East course! :up:

Riding a lightweight twin, the big long straight didn't add much in the way of racing. Maybe with big grids and lots of drafting it would, but I think using the East or West course would be more appropriate for 75% of the club racers there. The fast guys (and gals) with fast bikes would want the outer or the full course, but I think a lot of us would be fine with one loop. Especially if that makes it possible to race there again (financially). I will enjoy seeing how much faster the WSBK guys are on the same course I ran though! It was a great track and a great event (rain be damned), and I will work like mad to get back out there next year.

10. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

Please hold another round there in the future!! I loved the experience and team monkey had a good go it!! We skipped our AFM round to be there and it was totally worth it! I am going to try and get more AFM'ers to come out for next year.

Maybe a Wera vs AFM type of deal or something. AFM could give double race points to help increase racers. just a thought.

11. nad 711

Make that long drive was worthy, to race on the same circuit of World SBK... just for West or East side, not sure...

Why dammed rain, I like the rain :)

Mongo, I just realized that trophies didn't have the plates on it??? For one time since a long time I had a podium with guys!!! Will you have them mailed or at the next round (not sure I will be there tho...)

12. 95speed

95speed aka Felix el gato

My $ 0.02:

Miller is the best combo track/facilities in the US IMHO.

I understand that attendance was down...conflict with an AFM race w/end PLUS

crappy sunday forecast :mad:...We saw people leaving at 9.30-10 am

sunday..??

Running a "short" track like the East or West course for 2010 would be a

major downer...dunno if i wanna drive 1500 mi. for that.

10 DNS in Formula 1 Expert WTHell ??

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well we ran into major problems with tire guys who didn't look at the forecast. Pirelli brought 10 sets and had 10 shipped in Saturday night. The others had no rains....

Nadine - the plates will be mailed out.

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Has anyone received their plates? I emailed Evelyne, who emialed back cc'ing denise, thje trophy person, but that cc bounced.
    --dave

15. nad 711

not et... maybe they will have it at Fontana?

16. Mongo,
    Is a Miller endurance a probable/definite "NO" for 2010? Full perimeter course?

Our Code4 racing team has put up 1-2 teams each of the past couple of years and we're trying to make plans for next season and want to know possibilities.

I did a search and could not find a definitive answer.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Right now we're looking at yes being the most likely outcome.

18. ethridge72

ethridge72 Well-Known Member

Yes, we are going or yes, we are not going?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes we are going.

20. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

Alright!!! Sign me up along with our Monkey Team!!! Miller here we come!!