1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by dsapsis, May 5, 2009.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sorry if these have been reported elsewhere....

1) Anybody know if the track will be open thurs evening for setting up?
    2) Anybody know what the grarage rental fee is for the 3-day weekend?
    3) Can someone confirm there will be Michelin tire service for the event?

It looks like there will be fewer of us AFM'ers this year, due to conflicting race-weekends and all. But those of us who were dismayed to find the AFM canceling its annual endurance race at Sears need to get the fix somewhere, and Miller rocks the house.

Looking forward to seeing the WERA regulars.
    --dave

2. coturi

coturi Well-Known Member

Don't know on the Thursday?
    The day rate for a garage is $75 but I don't know if there is some sort of discount for multiple days.
    Scott with Fastline Tire Service is at every event. Good dude and he has lots of Michelins.

3. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Just to add a little more to the answers given.

There will be no problem with showing up on Thursday to set up. You will still need to pay the weekend gate fee.

The $75 garage price is for a day garage. They are located in the paddock. The Gp garages, that are attached to the track how pit, are $150/day. You will need to contact Kelly Warrick at MMP to reserve one of either garage if needed. She can be reached at [email protected], or 435-277-8027.

4. dsapsis

thanks guys.
    --dave

5. nad 711

nad 711 Well-Known Member

Someone knows the configuration? Where I can see a video for that configuration on internet? Thanks

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

7. nad 711

thanks a lot

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I was told that if I show up after 6PM on Thursday, I won't be able to drop stuff off into a garage. Not sure if the gate is closed, or what exactly is unavailable, but just that don't bother going to the track if it is after 6PM. If anyone has additional details, feel free to add, but that's what I heard.

9. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

Please confirm, as I plan on showing up later and unloading into an occupied garage.

10. nad 711

that is always so easy to find the right informations...
    How make things clear, concise and simple when they can make it so complicated!
    good luck!

11. boarderline

boarderline Active Member

Spend $30 and buy a copy of WSBK to learn the track. The Miller Outer Course is rendered very accurately in that game. :up:

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  12. dsapsis

Chris,
    call or email Kelly, their garage czar: Kelly Warrick (435) 277-8027
    http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/track_contact.php

She was fast and responsive to my questions. Be sure to tell her the type of garage -- it may matter.
    --dave

13. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

I might have a copy of this at home.... thanks for reminding me!:up:

14. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

I called and talk to her... very nice gal!

Here's the low down....

Their security will not collect gate fees, so any arrivals AFTER registration closes (6p) will not be allowed to bring VEHICLES into the facility. People can go in and out, but your rig must stay parked outside.

She also said there was places outside the gate to leave trailers/park until the gate fee maybe collected.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good fricking lord. You'd think paying 50 thousand dollars for track rental they'd set things up so we wouldn't lose all the gates fees. Why would anyone pay when you can just send one person out to get the truck and trailer....

16. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

So there are gates fees for weekdays now? :confused:

In the past we only had to sign the waiver sheet to get a wristband and be let into the paddock on Thursday.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm talking about for the rest of the weekend, not just their day. If people are being let in for the other tracks and other stuff there is zero real control at the gate and the income we lose could easily be tens of thousands which goes a long way towards paying the bills at a place this expensive.

18. srg5150

srg5150 Well-Known Member

You don't feel strongly about this at all huh Sean?

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You would think they would get it by now. I remember Evelyne having a conversation with them about that 2 years ago.

20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

talking about gate fee's I just noticed (reading this thread) that I have not paid it. I rolled in on friday afternoon around 5 or 6pm and gate person just opened door for me and I drove in. nobody charged me in registration, it did not even pop on my mind. so, I owe you gate fee :)