1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Militant Hikers...WTF

Discussion in 'General' started by STT-Rider, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

we have those types here in Philly, but luckily, they're mostly in the suburbs. i did some riding last weekend in Fredericksburg, MD, and someone sabotaged the backside of an obstacle, removing a bunch of rocks, causing the guy in front of me to eat shit and go OTB. he could have gotten really hurt, but luckily, he wasn't.

2. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

:stupid: i'm a team leader with 3 Philadelphia trail groups, at one trail, it's about 85% mountain bikers that show up, the others, 50/50 hikers & mtb-ers. in 3 years of doing trail work, i've never seen an equestrian, but they're the loudest at public meetings, usually advocating against mountain bikers, who do most of the work. The equestrian users here, have no compunction about riding wet trails and hands down cause the most damage from hooves and feces, yet pedestrians rally to their cause because horses are a quaint, romantic anachronism and are somehow more "natural" than the cyclists who build most of the trails. it is infuriating.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yup. I get really angry at the lack of logic.

Horses are dumbass animals anyhow.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

We have 3, I find them to be Intelligent actually... how did you arrive at your opinion?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never met a dumb horse. Dumb horse riders sure.

7. Knotcher

Time spent around horses. By dumbass, I mean low-utility and extremely high maintenance.

8. Knotcher

LOL, there are some exceptionally dumb horses in the world. The worst are the smart, mean, stubborn ones, though.

I'll murder me a Shetland pony some day just to get back at Dusty.

Eff that damn pony.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Totally agree on the stubborn and mean ones, those tend to be the smartest too the bastards :D

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

LOL, i knew there was a back story....I am the same...I know a Shetland Pony that needed an attitude adjustment, fkker ran over the top of me..HoofPrint Bruise in thigh".."You ain't putting no damn saddle on my back asshole"..

11. Knotcher

This one's favorite trick was to use every tree and branch in all of Montana to try to knock you out of the saddle.

If that didn't work he'd get up to a nice trot and just when you thought everything was going to be OK he would mash the brakes with all four and pretend... effing PRETEND to eat some bush or some shit.

Damn, I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about him.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had a half horse half pony I used to ride who would do the exact same shit.

His favorite trees were locust -

[​IMG]

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

If I were a horse and Mongo were on my back, I'd use everything short of the nuculer option to get rid of him. :D

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Thats when you get back to the barn, show him a bottle of,elmers glue or a bag of dog food.:D

My niece hates it when I call her horse "glue stick".:crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was a LOT smaller then :D

Haven't ridden a horse in 30 or so years, don't know anyone with percherons, morgans, or clydesdales...

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:
    Fucking horses are as miserable as cats. They just want to hurt you. We used to round up cattle with the dirt bikes. Less fuss and bother that way.:D

17. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Horses, at a young age, are why I started riding dirt bikes. Thanks horses! (and FU at the same time)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure they're a large part of why I liked motorcycles from my first ride too.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

About 2 years ago, one of my wife's friends was holding a horse when it stomped her down her shin and onto her foot. She ended up having the leg amputated below the knee a few months later.
    There was too much damage to the blood supply to allow it to heal.
    She is no longer a fan of horses.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gotta keep paying attention with an animal that size wearing steel shoes. Can't blame the horse for stomping it's foot, they do that.