1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio Information

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Jun 24, 2004.

1. R6#486

R6#486 Shockin the Shockers!!

Same here stranahan. We'll have to get in touch.

2. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

Re: WTF?

man, that makes me feel real good about this series:
    - mid-ohio with grooves all in it
    - nelson ledges with weeds and potholes
    - grattan going backward......

someone in the back office at wera just giggling about all this?

3. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

I'm hoping that all these 'obstacles' will act like rain and become a great equalizer :D

Which reminds me of a movie quote (which could probably be posted in a couple other threads about now).

"So you're tellin' me there's a chance?!" :beer:

--Eck

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Re: Re: WTF?

Actually, I'm looking forward to Nelson.I have not been there in two years. First time there I got spanked pretty good. Next time I really picked it up, but crashed hard in the back section.
    Just how stupid can the owners of Mid-O be?

5. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

is mid-ohio really that bad now? or do you think hacking is exaggerating.

i think monte said the repairs were pretty good.

think it's ok for us wankers, but not ok if you are approaching light speed (aka hacking's lap times)

6. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Maybe the experts out there are approaching the danger zone, but I have a feeling us 'wankers' will be just fine.

Actually, if all the 600cc Novices will just ride real slow anyways, <Lumberg>that would be Greeeeeaaaaaat.....</Lumberg>

--Eck

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I guess we will have to find out, but I watched the Touring Cars last weekend on Speed, that's all they talked about.
    I don't think Jamie is exaggerating. If you ever rode on that shit, you know the bike is hard to steer.

8. slowohioboy

slowohioboy Well-Known Member

I've been on it since the change, it's different, not real good, not real bad just really different. In a couple of places it's better, in the rest it just feels like your not planted real good, bike moves, but not real bad. Keep in mind that those guys are running about 5~10 seconds faster than our faster guys.

Don't let it bother you, it's gonna be alright.

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Many of the WERA and other org's top guns will be there also. So maybe 5;)

10. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

ya know what's funny about this thought process? ok, i'll go ahead and tell you.

the slow guys are thinking, 'sweet. it will be wet, maybe i will be able to keep up the the fast guys'

the fast guys are thinking, 'sweet. it will be wet, maybe i can break away easier from all those slow guys'

11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Wet would be a challenge.

12. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

that was ambiguous.....'challenge'?!?

challenge to....what....stay dry?

is nelson tricky in the wet?

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Thought you were talking about Mid-O. I rode it damp, nothing to worry about.

14. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

that wouldn't surprise me.

wouldn't concrete have a little more grip in the wet than the black stuff?

15. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Sure hope the track's okay to ride. A bad track surface is a bad track surface, no matter who's riding it.

All things equal, I'll take nice grippy pavement and nice smooth transitions.

Can someone who's been on the track tell us how the milling compares to the Road Atlanta turn 7 milling? Are the grooves going to be okay with some rubber on them, or is it like Jamie said, more like road construction gouges?

Doesn't really matter, I'll be there Sat through Tuesday. See ya there.

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Short Term Memory Gone

During the car race that I watched, can't remember who the trackside guy was, the showed a close up of the grind.Same as road constuction! It's going to take a lot of rubber to fill that.
    Maybe in a year:( I really was thinking about entering. No worth the chance with Summit Point National being only two weeks after, and CMP the very next week.
    Hope it's not that bad as SST stated.I go with Jamie:(

17. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: Re: WTF?

Yeah, WERA hates you. :rolleyes:

:D

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Re: Re: Re: WTF?

Yes, but we all love WERA.
    You too Paige, even though you claim that you don't work for WERA:p

19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Re: Re: Re: Re: WTF?

I am merely an official on the weekends.....:)

20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I'll be there with ya, hanging out in the weeds with illegal fireworks. Oh, I've still got this quarter barrel of beer that needs drinking...

"donations" anyone? :D