1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MId O repave is Complete!

Discussion in 'General' started by dobr24, Nov 1, 2023.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

2. rwdfun

rwdfun

So you just reposted your post and admitted to it. Johnny gonna have a field day

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just figured lots of people could care less about Moto America. They would, however, be very interested to know that mid Ohio has been completely repaved.

4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

I'm too lazy to go to Mid-O's web site, but curious as to when track operations resume to understand how long they will let the new pave cure

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Trophy trucks testing there next week

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Looks good but how long until the put the concrete patches back in to deal with the damage caused from the Indy cars?

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

But those IndyCars sure are exciting to watch there.

8. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

I really hope they keep vehicles off of it for a bit to let it settle appropriately.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Well next years race is set for July 7th.
    I'll bet the season of racing anything there is over for this year.

10. IL8APEX

IL8APEX Well-Known Member

11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That series is a smash.

IL8APEX likes this.
  12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

We did an R&D day there back in 2006 after the last repave. I think there were ten of us who had the whole place to ourselves. They were testing how the track was in the wet by hosing down some of the corners and we’d ride over it and report back. Almost high sided a low side coming out of the keyhole but kept it on wheels. Still don’t know how that worked. That, and the rumble strips were whole one foot tall blocks of concrete that made for some fun jumps, but would suck to smash into if you fell down. Those were cut down right away.

Which one of you goons got the R&D day invite this year?

13. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear that the track is in satisfactory shape. I'm only a couple hours away but have avoided it to this point.

14. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Closer to 4 1/2 hours away.

mpusch likes this.