1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Michigan's Grattan Raceway up for sale"

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Nov 9, 2023.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Well, after Uncle Sam takes his cut, and leftover money is split between 7 people - it won't be much left to brag about. Enough to buy a new SUV for the wife, and pay off the mortgage is probably best that will happen to each of the owners.

Perhaps they are clever and defer taxes through consequent business investments, and keep the dollars working for them.

2. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Attached Files:

JJJerry, Gino230, Waterboy and 2 others like this.
  3. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

5 so they want 1 million each cash and will finance the other 2 is what i have always herd

4. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

If I give the fellow that e-mailed me my bank account information, he will give me the $7 million dollars!!!:crackup:

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

From the real estate listing, I didn't realize the amount of frontage they owned off of Muskrat lake. The going rate for that area is about 35K an acre for farmland so it's not priced terribly.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They're going to find out that a million bucks ain't what it used to be.

7. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Penske spent more than that at Indy remodeling the bathrooms.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I just bought a Powerball quick pick.

We'll see how it goes.

03RumbleBee, tl1098 and vfrket like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Do it! :D

11. John Branch

John Branch 90125

So as in racing the up front cost is one thing . Then you have long term cost of maintenance, insurance, taxes. I wonder what the operation cost run for the place? Would be interesting to see some numbers for this track as well as others to compare.? I bought one lotto ticket for 3 drawings power up grade . I win Im building a tribute track to Texas world speedway and oak hill combined into one track!

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

If I had the money to buy Grattan, I'd buy up more of the surrounding land, and increase run-off at T1, T4, T6, and the kink. And maybe move the lake back by the hairpin so you don't run over snakes, frogs, and turtles.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I’d buy it, close it down, and put up some condos or maybe a nice development. The nice houses keep creeping closer from the west on the 44 which passes nearby. It would be the only way to make a few million bucks with racism.

14. rwdfun

rwdfun

Dude. Good idea. Sell the idea to Netflix, finance the sale, Document, spread another pandemic and you’d make more money than Tiger King. At the end you’d have the track, no debt and a few million to spare.

someone do this please

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Genius... Michigan Hillbillies (or Tennessee, W. Virginia, Arizona, etc)...showing the 2nd or 3rd generation with family business, money etc just out there neck tatting, harley riding, stripper dating, living their best life awesomeness.

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’ve been a few places in my lifetime… am a product of mixed blood Appalachia and know my hillbilly classes well and you will have a very hard time out hicking the west michigan hick… I’d run them up against anything Appalachia has ever produced and probably get DQd for who knows what but they are some seriously hicked out hicks especially down by you in Pokagon land… :)

(not to be confused with good ol hillbillies :D me and Moose used to watch some of them in amazement and he was one of the biggest and best hillbillies I ever called a friend ;))

beac83 and ChemGuy like this.
  17. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I don't know man. I've got kin in Harlan County, KY. When my Grandfather died, it took us 2 hours to get up to the family plot back in the hills. I saw people come out that I wasn't certain if they had seen civilization since the early 80s. The didn't arrive in a car, which meant they walked. They didn't talk much to anyone and seemed pretty nervous. Afterwards, they legit disappeared into thin air. I've never seen anything like it.

DucatiBomber and 27 like this.
  18. ungwaha

ungwaha Well-Known Member

Sounds like a episode of Justified!

19. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sorry, but you guys are all hillbilly rookies. You haven't seen squat until you've been in a West Virginia hollar in the middle of nowhere. This is where I'll be next week, at the inlaws.

[​IMG]

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Sounds like just decent mountain folk to me ;) spent lots of time in Perry County where you walk the rope bridge over the gap to get down to the hollar unlile you civilized Harlan County high society likes

if anyone remembers when Gingerman opened and they brought in a bunch of condemned trailers and then all of the corner workers moved in to them… and we’re not talking about the kick ass Can-Do crew from Grattan…. We’re talking about some real hard life people… by choice though it seemed as they are what a hick is measured by in my book as the hickiest of the hicks… SW Michigan I’m telling you would win :D